People who don't respect our work!!!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan
People who don't respect our work!!!

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:45 pm

I've gotten very mixed remarks about my SNESp. There are, of course, those who adore it and ask me to build one for them :wink: . Then there's those who have no clue what the SNES is :shock: !!! But most disgusting of all are the doubters; the people who say, "Who the hell would want to play SNES when you can just play PS2?", or "My new GBA Micro is WAY smaller than that piece of crap!", and the worst of all, "Why make one of those when you can spend the same amount and buy a PSP?" These are the people that make my blood boil. Have you guys ever gotten these remarks?
Oh, by the way, check out my SNESp here: http://benheck.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10241

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:51 pm

People just don'tunderstand how anyone could find enjoyment in something old. "Why bother with the SNES when you could get a Gameboy Microscopic-so-tiny-it's-a-freakin'-tic-tac-box?" Well then, in that case, "why bother with an old GTO or Cuda? Just go buy a Ford GT!"

No, better yet! Show them a list of games that were ported to the GBA from older systems!

The GBA is at about the same technical level as the SNES. The DS Is about the same as the N64. People will say "no the game boy and DS are MUCH better! The old systems were old and blocky!" Just hold a magnifying lens over the DS screen and boggle their little minds.

It's all about the nostalgia. Why don't people get that? (Probably because it's not all new and shiny...)

Nicholai

Post by Nicholai » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:56 pm

Or, even better, take a sledge hammer and smash the infidels over the head.

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:59 pm

But..but...i respect it :?

http://www.jeffler.com/?p=6
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:05 pm

Thanks, Jeff :D ! It's nice to get a compliment. What these ignorant people don't understand is that, like bicostp said, it's all about nostalgia... and Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound, and Star Fox, etc. I think maybe if they could see how much work these things are, and that they are a labor of love, they may understand that even the ugliest of homebrew portables are a feat that most could never accomplish.

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:11 pm

Yeah... I told my friend about my PSone p that im building.. he thought it sucks because its a psone :? :cry:

Nicholai

Post by Nicholai » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:14 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Thanks, Jeff :D ! It's nice to get a compliment. What these ignorant people don't understand is that, like bicostp said, it's all about nostalgia... and Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound, and Star Fox, etc. I think maybe if they could see how much work these things are, and that they are a labor of love, they may understand that even the ugliest of homebrew portables are a feat that most could never accomplish.
The fruit of your labor is only satisfying to others if they get a snack too.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:17 pm

Nicholai wrote:
CronoTriggerfan wrote:Thanks, Jeff :D ! It's nice to get a compliment. What these ignorant people don't understand is that, like bicostp said, it's all about nostalgia... and Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound, and Star Fox, etc. I think maybe if they could see how much work these things are, and that they are a labor of love, they may understand that even the ugliest of homebrew portables are a feat that most could never accomplish.
The fruit of your labor is only satisfying to others if they get a snack too.
True, true.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:19 pm

the people who don't like it aren't worth satasfying and are very misrible people. anybody who counts will respect it. and it was made for you to play, not for other people to admire. if it satasfies you, it gets all the respect it needs :wink:
ImageImage

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:21 pm

Good new prospective. I never really thought about it like that. I mean, the only person who REALLY has to like it is me, right :wink: ? I'm also glad that my work has inspired some people to team up with me in making their own portable. So at least at the end of the day, I can go to bed being at peace with what I have done.

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:39 pm

Btw, if this gets on to Joystiq Chrono, remember, I reported it first!
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:46 pm

everyone who i have told about my idea to portabilize a n64 have loved it, if not doubted a little that i could pull it off.

but then i guess most of my freinds are in engineering.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:57 pm

Nicholai wrote:Or, even better, take a sledge hammer and smash the infidels over the head.
Thats what i would most likely end up doing. :lol: Those kind of people drive me nuts. :x
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

Mode7

Post by Mode7 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:07 pm

Who the coppulayte would want a SNESp?

Someone who wants to play:
StarFox
Super Punch Out!!
Contra 3
Tetris Attack
Uniracers
Super Mario RPG
Parodius
Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie (recently discovered this fun gem)
.. and on

Great titles that never made the GBA jump. And no, Puzzle League/Dr. Mario doesn't count--I don't want that, I want TA.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:07 pm

People that think it's stupid to make an SNES portable are the same people that think you needed to upgrade your computer when Windows XP came out. They don't see the value, whether that be the technical or gaming aspect.

Also keep in mind that any real gamer will not be always impressed by graphics. Game play is what games were ment for and that is what we keep these older systems around for. I'd reather spend money on building an N64 to play games that I can't get anyother way. Emulation is not the same, esspeally when you have to use the keyboard.

If they tell you a PSP is better, ask them if they've got anything with the game play of Starfox or Super Metroid. Cause to my knowledge there are only two games; GTA Liberty City (and again its GTA) and Armored Core Formula 1 (not a big fan base).
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.