Portablizing injuries. (Or Injuries at all)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:38 pm

One of the only major accidents I've really had was when i was about 12 i was on a three wheeler and hit off a rock while turning at a high speed. Me with the Quad still on it flipped in the air i don't know how many times and i fell and ripped open both my knees and cut my right hand open to the muscle. I got in too late to get stitches since we were far from the hospital and the nurse had to scrap out the gravel with a toothbrush.

Felino

Post by Felino » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:56 pm

Ouch...

In my opinion watching somone hurt is worse than being hurt.

Looking at somone lying on the ground with a dislocated knee is worse though, this guy in question had his kneecap right round the other side..
Charlie wrote:I always wanted to try wall flips, but I'm too attached to my neck.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:20 pm

In not that prone to getting hurt bad(at least not yet. I have yet to make my first portable. :lol: ). The worse thing that have ever happend to me was:

When I was 5 or 6: I refused to take a nap and when I went back to my room to go play. I triped on somthing and and my head landed on a Little Tikes toy and split open just under my right eyebrow. They had to super glue it back togather. You can still see the scar very clear even today.

I forgot how old I was but it was between 6 and 15: I was rolling down a not yery steep side of the ditch in the front of our house. I split my leg open on the left side of my knee. I still have never fugured out how that happend. There was nonthing there excpet the grass that could of done it.

When I was 15: I was screwing around with my pocket knife. Trying to see how sharp it was by cutting paper with it. I kept on cutting the paper even tho the paper was getting samller and unsafe to cut any more. I cut the side of my pointer finger from where my nail starts to where it ends. The scar is only now almost gone.
Last edited by nightwheel on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

ZN13
Steam ID:Z_Nelson13

Post by ZN13 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:25 pm

Ha! That reminds me of when I was in sixth grade, and I was cutting paper and I snip off the side of my thumb. It was cool because it bled for weeks.
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:34 pm

ZN13 wrote:That's why you always, ALWAYS cut away from you!
How come were you not doing that with your scissors in 6th grade? Because you just said you cut the side of your thumb off in 6th grade.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

ZN13
Steam ID:Z_Nelson13

Post by ZN13 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:56 pm

Well, I was confetti-izing a strip of paper, and someone called my name...
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:41 am

When I was 1 I played peek-a-boo with my dog Jet. She didn't much care for it so she bit me on the lip. My parents decided that I wouldn't die so I didn't go to the hospital for stitches. So, now I have a scar going down the left side of my lip.
Also, when I was in Kindergarten (5-6, don't know) I had a bone growth on my left shoulder the size of a golf ball. So I had it removed and I still have a nasty scar from it.

myuusmeow

Post by myuusmeow » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:00 am

Well um...I once got burned touching the toaster... never ever even got a cut deeper than a paper cut except when I was messing around with a half-a soda can... :lol:

So basically, injuries avoid me. :P
Radica 6-in-1p:
Currently: received Radica, bored of Sonic and Golden Axe, now waiting for Christmas break.

Felino

Post by Felino » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:22 am

One other thing, a guy in our year 9 a few years ago was using a bench sander, slipped and sanded the top of his finger to the bone.. ouch...
Charlie wrote:I always wanted to try wall flips, but I'm too attached to my neck.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:31 am

While making portable (current project):

Solder burns from dripping solder, scars going, taking their time.

A piece of metal (one of those 90 degree pieces I spoke of on my thread) - I stupidly held it in place and used a drill to bore a hole in the metal below - the piece got stuck in the drill and rotated many times across my forefinger and thumb, leaving various blood blisters. Don't hurt anymore, fading, but still got them.

Had to be very careful indeed when I was cutting the metal sheet on my project, it would have been very easy to have slashed my hand or sliced a finger or two off! (I was careful!).

Historical:

As a child, fractured one of my legs twice and the other one once, and nearly bit through my tongue as an infant.

In my late teens I caught the top of my finger joint, and on another occasion my thumb, on some sharp metal on a metal shelving unit; took my skin off about 7mm circle - mind scarring, but got mild callus on finger now.

In late teens, I walked 14 miles in plymsoles, stupid of me; both feet on my heels were covered in big blisters afterwards; callus on both feet now (have to sand them down every so often).

Anyway, I have lived for longer than most of you lot, so this isn't too bad!

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:39 am

What are plymsoles ?

All I can find on google is they are maybe a type of dancing shoes ?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:12 am

Heh. I've broken most of my finger. Except my pinky on my left and my index on right.

I've broke my cartilidge in my nose, and cracked a rib.

Now, this is an idiot story.
One day, I was cutting red freezies. Stupid me, I almost cut my finger off. I thought the blood was just juice from freezies. Hello stitches.

I've also waked face first into a parking meter and broke my glasses when I was 8. Pretty damn funny.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:18 am

Well, I dont want to recall much of my injuries, but i did fall asleep in my room, convieninly located to my hot glue gun and soldering iron.(no scars)

Right before my seaworld trip, i EDIT: Accidentily hotglued my upper forearm on the bottom. I have a scar

My friend chris sharpened an arrowhead in class, and grabbed my wrist to try to cut it to see if it was sharp. The scar makes me look emo.

I punched my door in, i have a big scar on my knuckle.

SS
Last edited by ShockSlayer on Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:24 am

Woah. Didn't know shockslayer was so mean. :D

Lady Indecisive

Post by Lady Indecisive » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:11 pm

(3 or 4) I was running up stairs, and ran into my brothers room. Just when my dad happend to be fixing a broken bed. I ran into it, and i guess I hit a nail or somthing, because i ended up getting stiches on my head.

(5 or 6) I sprained (or maybe I broke it?) my collarbone from jumping off a treestump at school. I have always liked jumping of high stuff, as you will see in the next 'accident'. My teacher was so cruel, I still had to do school the rest of the day.

(10 or 11) I jumped out of my treehouse in to leave pile. My brothers and sisters were doing it, so I thought, ' I'll do it too! Sure enough, I landed the wrong way, and the leave pile had been flattend from so many people jumping on it, that I sprained my ankle. I still think it was so much fun jumping off it. I have sprained my ankle twice in my life. I can only recall 1.
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when pushed down a staircase.