Its official - A Video Ipod! (And iTunes 6)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:16 pm

sry, thats what i meant, but very few people bought the photo anyway. The regular ipod was more popular. They didnt even really puplicize the change, almost everybody at my school thought i got a photo
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

xxxeagle

Post by xxxeagle » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:33 pm

This is really cool and what a great price forget me gettin the nano I was gonna get a 4gig but then decided to get an ipod photo now I am gonna get this I'll wait for the second or third gen to buy one.

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:34 pm

there are so many better video bplayers out there, wher about 80% of it is screen instead of about 40%. Archos as well as others have this down to a science. Unfortunatly, people dont know about these other ones, and think that the ipod video is the first portable video player ever. Podcasting will be cool though.
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:38 pm

i was goin to buy an ipod photo, i wanted music, with apples great ergonomic design and easy use, but now i get what i wanted with music. i mean i have a pmp right now, i can record movies and stuff, 20 gbs, its nice, but i would rather have apples name than rca

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:12 pm

benheckc wrote:Personally I don't see the point of this.

It's not like you go jogging to watch videos. I mean, why gives someone an urge to watch a music video when they're on a bus?

Unless they're gonna do sheduled "portable TV" downloads - I see that LOST stuff there.

Who knows, maybe this is the future. Maybe TV as we know it is gonna go bye-bye.

Now excuse me while I go for a bike ride and watch Law & Order at the SAME TIME!
dont make fun of me i get high all the time and try to watch CSI on my ds wile i ride bikes sit on the bus or in class yeah pritty much every ware. well i have a non photo pod so it doesnt matter to me (with my almost done DS mod and all...

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:22 pm

I'll go ahead with my plan for a 20GB Creative Zen Touch, 200 dollars, blue LCD. I dont need to look at pictures on it, I have a digital camera, I dont need to watch videos on it.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:25 pm

Hell, I plan to buy an 2nd or 3rd gen when the price goes low enough on ebay and stuff.
-Luke

NiN^_^NiN

Post by NiN^_^NiN » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:46 pm

Now all they need is a camera so it can take podcasting to a whole new level then who knows they make add phone functions to it then it would be a ipod phone :?

If apple wasn't so tight lipped on illegal mp3's it would have wifi to the ipod so u can transfer songs to other people and even connect to the net on the ipod and download mp3's using the wifi or who knows transmit the audio and video from the ipod to the tv or stereo for the home.

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:30 pm

NIN has got a point...

a WiFiPod would be cool, even for live updating of podcasts and internet radio. they could possibly use Verizon's EVDO network....(basically DSL speeds over cell phone network)

and about the ipod itself, its not a dedicated video player, it its still an MP3 player first hand.

and when you buy an ipod, youre not just paying for features, youre paying for an extremely high quality product and thats the point people tend to miss.

sure you can buy a cheaper player out there. but do any of the other ones feel as high quality as the ipod? are they as compact? (i mean c'mon, portability is the main point. you people should know at least that much, being portabilizers and all)

sure there are other portable media players out there, but personally (and i think many people can back me up on this) non quite match up to the iPod, hands down. personally, i'd be happy with the first ipod to have been released, but i like to stay somewhat up-to-date.... and i rather like how small the new ipod is......

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:23 pm

the ipod video is just a huge load of dog poop poo
and i will spit on the first one i see! :twisted:

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:59 pm

shmagoogin77 wrote:the ipod video is just a huge load of dog poop poo
and i will spit on the first one i see! :twisted:
you do that and i will personally start a mob of thousands of apple fanatics, and chase you out of the country.

Bay_Wolf

Post by Bay_Wolf » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:38 pm

U can get a FREE ipod Here and the best part is that it actually works my friend did it and he recieved one. :D

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:33 pm

Guess who just bought one. I sold my old one along with 49% stock of my soul to get a new one. It RULES! Bob Dylan and Franz Ferdinand have never looked cooler sounding.
hmmm...

"I'm awesome!"

yes, that will do.