Best Album's of all time (all genres)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Sun May 15, 2005 3:51 pm

cyco vision wrote:
jaytee wrote:
cyco vision wrote:Old Sneaker Pimps? When they still had their lead singer? the suck.

Weezer gets on my nerves. They are too bland.
I'm convinced that anyone that doesn't like Weezer's Blue Album is just lying so that they can seem cool.
Why would I lie about not liking an album on a message board?

I have no reason to impress you guys. Even if most of you are awesome.
i didn't say you didnt believe the lie. its a subconscious thing.
2 "pong" systems, Atari 2600, Odyssey2, Intellivision III, Top Loading NES, GameBoy Pocket, Sega Genesis 3, Sega Nomad, Game.com, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast, GameCube, XBox

poopiesman

Post by poopiesman » Sun May 15, 2005 6:37 pm

I Can't Believe How out of it I am With MAINstream music.

The Guy who likes AFI: there best record is "very proud of Ya" which was a better than average hardcore record. they sold out with "sing the sorrow" or whatever it is called,which is just wussy emo.
Everything Beatles is Greatest albums ever. they sold millions, so it is obvious. Also Anything Ramones is greatest albums ever, especially there First "Last Show"(they broke up about 6 times) album called "were outta here" is brillent which everyone should own, if only for their version of "spiderman"
Weezer is okay. They are pretty bland,as someone said but not every band has to be amazing. They are Okay...
Metallica:everything before "Load" was awesome. And if metallica is on this list, why not Slayer?.
the China Rap by CKY is very funny, but I am partial to the Fake techno metal song "Mustard Man" by Gnar Kill/CKY/Dicamillo. Genius.
And As for my music, I don't think It could get anymore Independent then This:
1:Minutemen-Double Nickles on the Dime: A punk rock band that sounded more like experimental Jazz. A 43 song masterpiece.Too bad That d. Boon, their guitarist,(see avatar) died in a car crash, or else they whould now be the officially the greatest band of all time.anything minutmen rules.
2:Minor Threat-Complete Discography: A 26 song piece of Greatness by D.C's short lived (3 years) band. They were my favorite band since I was 11 (then I got my minutmen CD's) and Are still the greatest Hardcore band Ever! everyone from slayer too public enemyloved them
3:Bad Brains:Black Dots- Black people Invented Hardcore, no matter what a stupid misfits fan says. this is there slowest album,recorded in a basement, but nothing beats it when it comes to sheer intensity.
4:Black Flag:The First Four Years- This was the only album I had for a while, and I was raised on it. songs like "jealous again" "american waste" "machine" and "nervous breakdown" are classics, and already sound crazy by just their title.
misc. records are Iggy and the stooges Raw Power. Black Flag's damaged album. Fugazi's 13 songs.circle jerks' group sex, anything tom waits,& the germs antology.

PS: linken park sucks. Rap and Rock only mix when Rage against the Machine does it.(battle of los angeles rules!)if you are confused, listen to the samples on amazon.(at least TRY the minutmen if nothing else)
member #064

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Sun May 15, 2005 6:43 pm

Mr. Cool wrote:Wots wrong with mah tastizzle o' mus izzity izzity izzle, Soundwizzle?
If yall are totly lostizzle chizzle out da scsi cabizzle threadizzle. Take that and rewind it back Mista Soundwave. Chipmunks Out!
Rewind my tapes? Soundwave has tapes, they transform into birds and guys with hammers for hands, I'm not joking.

And the album Logic Will Break Your Heart by The Stills is also good, I have a few songs downloaded.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun May 15, 2005 6:57 pm

My stereo- a Sony digital reciever (1986, soldered most of the connections over again last year) Sony turntable (1975) Realistic tape player (1985, with that feature that can skip to the next track) and a CD-ROM drive (24x, thankyouverymuch.) connected to an old Apple opwer supply.

Here's how my music collection breaks down:

20 gigs of mp3s
30 CDs (minus burned from MP3s)
at least 110 tapes
40 LPs
10 45s
1 8-track (It's the BeeGees. I'm not ashamed to admit it's the BeeGees. "Stayin Alive" to be exact. :P)

I used to buy LPs at the thrift store and copy them to my PC (hence the massive amount of MP3s) but they raised the price from 50 cents for an LP to 2 dollars. :mad:

Most of my music is Chicago Transit Athourity, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Jim Croche, The Beach Boys, that sort of thing. And "Harper Valley PTA" on a 45.

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Sun May 15, 2005 8:48 pm

And As for my music, I don't think It could get anymore Independent then This:
1:Minutemen-Double Nickles on the Dime: A punk rock band that sounded more like experimental Jazz. A 43 song masterpiece.Too bad That d. Boon, their guitarist,(see avatar) died in a car crash, or else they whould now be the officially the greatest band of all time.anything minutmen rules.
2:Minor Threat-Complete Discography: A 26 song piece of Greatness by D.C's short lived (3 years) band. They were my favorite band since I was 11 (then I got my minutmen CD's) and Are still the greatest Hardcore band Ever! everyone from slayer too public enemyloved them
3:Bad Brains:Black Dots- Black people Invented Hardcore, no matter what a stupid misfits fan says. this is there slowest album,recorded in a basement, but nothing beats it when it comes to sheer intensity.
4:Black Flag:The First Four Years- This was the only album I had for a while, and I was raised on it. songs like "jealous again" "american waste" "machine" and "nervous breakdown" are classics, and already sound crazy by just their title.
misc. records are Iggy and the stooges Raw Power. Black Flag's damaged album. Fugazi's 13 songs.circle jerks' group sex, anything tom waits,& the germs antology.
yea, it really can get more independent. pretty much all of those records can be bought at your local hot topic. not to say that they're bad albums (you've got better taste than most on this board), but they're put out by some of the biggest indie labels there are.
My stereo- a Sony digital reciever (1986, soldered most of the connections over again last year) Sony turntable (1975) Realistic tape player (1985, with that feature that can skip to the next track) and a CD-ROM drive (24x, thankyouverymuch.) connected to an old Apple opwer supply.

Here's how my music collection breaks down:

20 gigs of mp3s
30 CDs (minus burned from MP3s)
at least 110 tapes
40 LPs
10 45s
1 8-track (It's the BeeGees. I'm not ashamed to admit it's the BeeGees. "Stayin Alive" to be exact. )

I used to buy LPs at the thrift store and copy them to my PC (hence the massive amount of MP3s) but they raised the price from 50 cents for an LP to 2 dollars.

Most of my music is Chicago Transit Athourity, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Jim Croche, The Beach Boys, that sort of thing. And "Harper Valley PTA" on a 45.
as long as we're talking about our entire collection and not just best albums...
i've got an old pioneer reciever from the early 1980s, one of the better ones. (SX3700)
right now its hooked up to my 3g 20 gig ipod and an MCS turntable (6710).
I've got about 17 gigs of mp3s (4314 songs), somewhere around 70 CDs and and maybe 100 or so LPs (i've never counted).
2 "pong" systems, Atari 2600, Odyssey2, Intellivision III, Top Loading NES, GameBoy Pocket, Sega Genesis 3, Sega Nomad, Game.com, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast, GameCube, XBox

poopiesman

Post by poopiesman » Mon May 16, 2005 3:10 pm

yea, it really can get more independent. pretty much all of those records can be bought at your local hot topic. not to say that they're bad albums (you've got better taste than most on this board), but they're put out by some of the biggest indie labels there are.
where do you live? where is this magical hot topic? From MY hot topic All I can ever find is a bunch of epitaph stuff, my chemical romance, the used and marilyn manson. I'll admit that Black Flag&the stooges is pretty popular, but the rest I would never find at my local HT. your HT sounds awesome.

I listen to wayyy more obscure things then that. bands like the Diffs, the Third Triumvirite, Issue 89 and yes mean no, but they aren't the greatest albums ever. Labels like Dischord, SST, Rhino and Alternative tenticles have good stuff. I cant help if it makes my greatest albums ever.I should have said that THOSE albums are NOT that indie.(I got a little defensive, sorry.)
member #064

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Mon May 16, 2005 4:02 pm

one album thats really good is sugercult's "Start static"
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Mon May 16, 2005 4:37 pm

poopiesman wrote:
where do you live? where is this magical hot topic? From MY hot topic All I can ever find is a bunch of epitaph stuff, my chemical romance, the used and marilyn manson. I'll admit that Black Flag&the stooges is pretty popular, but the rest I would never find at my local HT. your HT sounds awesome.

I listen to wayyy more obscure things then that. bands like the Diffs, the Third Triumvirite, Issue 89 and yes mean no, but they aren't the greatest albums ever. Labels like Dischord, SST, Rhino and Alternative tenticles have good stuff. I cant help if it makes my greatest albums ever.I should have said that THOSE albums are NOT that indie.(I got a little defensive, sorry.)
::shrug:: i live in kansas and i know that they carried those albums when i used to go to hot topic (granted this was like 3 years ago). its fine to get defensive, there's nothing a music snob likes more than other music snobs.

Guitar Slinger 89

Post by Guitar Slinger 89 » Mon May 16, 2005 6:20 pm

Great Album-

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble- Texas Flood.

*Stevie Ray Vaughan- One of the greatist Guitarist that ever lived.
When all things in life are done, Love will be one of the most important endevours one could set out on...