ModRetro?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Jidan
Re: ModRetro?

Post by Jidan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:57 pm

DNT 2.5 wrote:Actually ShockSlayer, I asked Klay to do it to cover my tracks, I told him what to delete and upload, it was guilt that made him run to you.
Plus, it wasn't a Cpanel login it was direct FTP access.
Also Just between us though, it would have made more sense had modretro kept local backups. :mrgreen:

He said in a public forum :mrgreen:

But yeah, I guess I'm lucky to have gotten here when I did. Weird :P
Last edited by Jidan on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bino Gas
Portablizer

Post by Bino Gas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:57 pm

DNT 2.5 wrote:Actually ShockSlayer, I asked Klay to do it to cover my tracks, I told him what to delete and upload, it was guilt that made him run to you.
Plus, it wasn't a Cpanel login it was direct FTP access.
Also Just between us though, it would have made more sense had modretro kept local backups. :mrgreen:
:facepalm: Don't be that guy.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Fancy way of saying you had no idea what you were doing. If you were REALLY doing all the work then it would have been a lot easier to just cut Klaymator out of the picture. Besides, if you couldn't have even figured out how to use a proxy, what chance did you have of navigating the cPanel?

Also, it was a cPanel login. That's all we gave bac back then, anyways. And believe me I know. I have all the logs. ALL OF THEM.

I keep backups. I wasn't around at the time.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:22 pm

DNT 2.5 wrote:I told him what to delete and upload, it was guilt that made him run to you.
This is in direct conflict with your BS story about how it was a prank, and that you were gonna change it back right away. If that were the case, Klay would not have felt guilty enough to bail on his friend help MR out. And if it was a "prank", then the fact you have no idea what kind of login you were using, no idea how to properly use FTP (It took us an hour of walking Klay through the motions of a simple transfer), and no idea how to use a proxy, you are obviously going to break something.

If you try to keep up this charade of innocence, DNT, I will post those logs without hesitation. The bottom line is that you are a dickhead who decided it would be funny to be the old man's female of the dog species, proving yourself as a l33t haxxor, when in fact, you had absolutely no idea what you were doing.

Excellent

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Why the hell would I want to be as you said " an l33t haxxor"? I am not actively involved in anything that could grant me rank for copulate up a website. The fact was, I wanted to see MR burn, a very, slow, painful death. But what are the logs going to do? Make people at BH not like me? I am SOO TERRIFIED :roll:
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Please don't drag Modretro-specific drama over here. (BH-specific and cross-site only. :P)

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:32 pm

palmertech wrote:I will post those logs without hesitation.
i say post em anyway. :twisted: also, who made the :lol: anigif with the dick and ss and palmer? cuz, no matter what anyone says, it was quite hilarious. if i met the person who did it, i would simultaneously shake their hand and punch them in the face.

as for all the drama, its all good now that backs gone. also, this isthe internet. its not worth your time to hold a grudge against the mods or modretro or benheck or whatever. (you know who you are) :wink: :roll:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:28 pm

bicostp wrote:Please don't drag Modretro-specific drama over here. (BH-specific and cross-site only. :P)
Indeed, I was actually logging on to post "This is going to get locked, BH had nothing to do with it."
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:09 pm

DNT 2.5 wrote:
bicostp wrote:Please don't drag Modretro-specific drama over here. (BH-specific and cross-site only. :P)
Indeed, I was actually logging on to post "This is going to get locked, BH had nothing to do with it."
Then why did you not post that? :roll:

Excellent

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Cause he just did, just not exactly how it was originaly intended :roll:
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

mako321

Post by mako321 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 pm

he did, in quotes 8)
but
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. I did not know that you were the one responsible for this all, I thought you were just the guy people liked to mock at modretro. I know now that you are just a good for nothing jerk. :evil:

totoken4

Post by totoken4 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:01 am

There are some problems with some people. Does anyone remember when ShockSlayer signed up he did some stupid thing to draw attention, and everyone saw him as a fool who would leave the site? Well he just never left and everyone put up with him. Then the "bacteria" person came who obviously had a lot of problems. These kinds of people enabled each other to run their own little social club which for some reason had to be on this site. If you delete some of these people's posts there will be so much less "junk" and so much more useful content on the site. Do you notice the trend of people putting benheck member's faces on images and using those pictures on every post? You can see it in this thread even. It is so bad that I am embarrased to open this site at work or near my friends or family.

I think many of these problems would be solved if the people with "social problems" tried to only talk about benheck related things only on this site, and make friend on IRC or phone where the "banter" and "drama" and "in-jokes" goes into the bit bucket. And the other clone websites only increases the size of the problem, but it is run by these exact same young people with some problems. It's sad that some of these young people have interesting ideas because those ideas can be lost on the clone sites. I noticed that some people who have "high powers" on the clone sites try to act professional now, but with little success because they still have the strong urge to say "spammy" things all the time.

What would happen when there is 51% drama and 49% useful data? I hope the people who can control themselves won't leave because they are what really make this site matter, not some silly social club people. If those people have social anxiety or no friends in real life or aspergers its ok but please please don't make benheck your playground because it only will hurt you and this site in the long run. Try to talk to some people outside and slowly you will gain social skills and wont feel like you need to be "king" of a website to be happy.

mako321

Post by mako321 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:03 am

that's just how the internet is, my friend(well, you told us off so not my friend but whatever :wtf: )

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:14 am

Uhm, you have one post. I don't know about SS causing any trouble, from how I know him, he's quite helpful, but has to talent in making cases.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:22 am

I love how people said, 'let's not talk about drama from another site here,' and then they did anyway.
Closerized.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops