A lot of hate coming my way...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Guitar Slinger 89

Post by Guitar Slinger 89 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:40 pm

sam wrote:You know what i would say?, this will sound a little rough, but. Suck it up. So what not everyone in the entire world likes you. There is noone in the world that everyone likes, noone. I dont really care that you post, aslong as it doesnt waste bandwidth, etc. I have no problem with your posts, except this one.
True, Not everyone will like everyone else or be polite inspite it, but, as a community we must all do are part to accept others and (I know this may be hard) but lighten up on the noobs They really don't know any better. This was, for me, a place to showcase portables, encourage people and Ben said conflict is bound to happen. What makes the differance is ourselves, how we analyze a situation and act upon our decisions. I'm not saying you have to pretend to like everyone just have a mutual respect for everyone on this board. Respect- admiration, reverence or to hold in high esteem. We now have 500+ users, As a board we are really growing. To keep on growing we must all take it upon ourselves to keep this board clean and enlightening. (If you don't like what I'm saiyng, sorry. I don't want to start a flame war. It's just the opionion of one person out of many.) Good luck and peace out.
When all things in life are done, Love will be one of the most important endevours one could set out on...

Doofus

Post by Doofus » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:36 pm

sam wrote:So what not everyone in the entire world likes you.
Here this guy, comes and apologizes, and tries to make friends with all you guys, and does his best to patch up anything he may have done wrong (in this case, being a post whore). The way I see it, it isn't that not everyone in the world is going to like you or not, it's that you did your best to allow everyone to like you, and if they still don't care for you, then it's their loss. Honestly, how can you get angry at a guy for posting a topic like this, and write it off as another way to increase his post count... Is your post count THAT important to you? If I see a guy with 5,000+ posts on a forum, I think he's either been here for forever, or he's got way too much time on his hands.

In any case, I'll stop rambling. We all learn from our mistakes, and this guy obviously learned his lesson. Stop being such jerks to him.

/2 cents

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:42 pm

Nicely said.
-Luke

SgtBowhack

Post by SgtBowhack » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:14 am

sam: Stop saying the same crap every time about every post everyone makes that seems to be the least bit complaining. Pretty soon you should just macro that whole spiel. :) I agree that there'll be people who just don't like other people, but you don't need to say it to everyone that comes this way.

bicostp: I don't think anyone should tell you "you post too much" for spurious reasons, though if you feel that you're posting too much yourself, you probably are. As everyone has said a billion times, just check for value in what you're posting. If there isn't any, don't press "post" :) That's all anyone should ask of you.

*presses Submit unintentionally*

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:45 am

[shivering, crack addict voice] I'm not addicted to needless posting... I can quit anytime i want to. I just don't want to.[/shivering, crack addict voice]

But seriously, I'm trying to cut back. I have way too much time on my hands. I'm catching myself making irrelevant topics a lot, and am now hitting "Back" before "Submit".

Is there a post patch? :lol:
Last edited by bicostp on Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:18 am

Gamelver wrote:making a portable doesn't have any bearing on how many posts you can, er, post, though .........

I dont think it sould be about the post count it sould be about the content you post, and if you need to be proud of some thing build a portable, I've noticed you spend a lot of time online, maby you sould go out side and play some pokemon or some thing. (thats why you sould make portables so you can leave now and then and still feel conected to technolagy)

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:49 pm

Most of the time I just leave my PC online because I have to re-install the ethernet card every time I boot it up. (That and I'm lazy.)

I'm going to go to GameStop sometime next week for one of those Radica Genesis systems and a Hip Gear screen. (Probably going to skip the cart slot for now, 'cause I need to track down a dead Genesis.

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:50 pm

no i mean quit Pming me. I realy dont care!

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:55 pm

cennar wrote:no i mean quit Pming me. I realy dont care!
HAHAHAhahaha!

Go for the portable Bi, I'm also going to be making a Radica.

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:00 pm

yeah i need to asemble a better testing bay for my cart slot on my next atempt. what screen set up are you using?

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:01 pm

I'm still kinda new, so I'll focus on getting the thing to work off batteries before I worry about the cart slot. How new? My first attempt at a portable was a real Genesis 2 hooked up to a 5" B&W tv. It ran for a whole half hour on a nine-volt.

I'll probably use a Hip Gear screenpad, maybe try to cram the whole thing in the xbox model.
Last edited by bicostp on Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:15 pm

I have a semi-dead genesis that I might be able to sell you. The A and B don't work on first player. Other then that it is good.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:54 pm

are you sure its not just the controller?

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:53 am

bicostp wrote:I'm still kinda new, so I'll focus on getting the thing to work off batteries before I worry about the cart slot. How new? My first attempt at a portable was a real Genesis 2 hooked up to a 5" B&W tv. It ran for a whole half hour on a nine-volt.

I'll probably use a Hip Gear screenpad, maybe try to cram the whole thing in the xbox model.
it alreddy works on battrys.

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:43 pm

Image D'oh.

I should really pay more attention.

Could we let this thread die already? :?