Been in Love?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

sam

Post by sam » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:37 pm

Lol jeep, i could read it perfectly because that when i usually type.
I'm the man, if you don't think so, you're wrong.
sniper_spike wrote:That sucks, bro's before ho's anyway man.

jeep

Post by jeep » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:31 pm

Ok good, I looked at my text and I was like ouch, all those not named people with a so long paragraph :lol:. Anyway, that was just to show that things can sometimes change, but don't get stuck neither, it's kinda depressing lol. Well anyway, I wish Love to all of you (for does that want some :P ). Anyway, happy to see I was understood ^^.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:38 pm

Oh sure, I could post some witty comment, some quirky add-on to our resident-female's advice. I could even be sexist and make it funny. But no. Because she's right. I was clueless about love. But when I met Britt, I didn't care. She is the one person that lets me be me. Aspergers and all. She loves me for the guy I was, and still am. I suppose that's what love is...
-Luke

NeoGoldenBoy

Post by NeoGoldenBoy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:43 am

Well I'm 20, and well those were some good examples, but again, for me it was my first try on something like this and that may be the reason I feel very very bad, but also that girl was like a perfect match for me, as I've said some posts before, she made me change from being a TOMB to a COOL GUY, but not to impress her, it was because I felt I needed it, so I changed in a few days (something my friends couldnt do in like 4 years), she is my age, she is kind, cute, beautiful, etc.

When I knew she had a boyfriend in Dec 24 (it was snowing here, and it was my first snow to remember) I felt very bad, but now that I dont know if I will ever see her again I feel a lot worse, and also, today I heard something that made me feel even worse... she's been with her boyfriend for 3 years, so that makes it harder for me to keep the hope of something in the future (if I ever see her again).

I dont know what to do, the last day I saw her (the day she quitted the job) I spoke to her and even knowing she had a boyfriend, and she also knowing that I knew) I told her that the rose and chocolate she received on Feb 14th were sent by me, I also told her that I liked her and everything, and that I knew that she already had a boyfriend but I still had those feelings for her, and that I wanted to be a very good friend of her at least and she told me that I have her e-mail (but she does not like to chat really, so she does not get online that often) and cell phone (which her boyfriend gave her and inspects, sice he is very jealous) and that she also wanted to be my friend (actually when I told her that I liked her she didnt freak out, I felt that she felt good for me to tell her and was as of my POV happy in some way for knowing) and that she will try to come to our parties (of the work) and everything so that we will still be in contact.
I dont know what to do, I feel like crap, I still think that even knowing it is bad I will do something "crazy" and stupid. (and also change my sig for a new one...thats even more sad than my current one...).

Also in the way I am right now I cannot enjoy the things I used to like (videogames, internet surfing, think about portables (I know it sound like a sacrilegy), and I cant even eat without feeling my stomach like it will explode).

Sorry if Im being such a bother, but you might comprehend that for me it isnt easy, when she made me change completely to be better and all, and also being my first experience, and the first time feeling that for someone.
Ň£ơĢ°łÃ°ęņßõ¥
I'm all alone, dealing with my broken heart. Why I have feelings if they feel so bad. All seems so dark, will I ever see light?

makuraken

Post by makuraken » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:16 am

I felt that way once. This is over a year and a half ago. I had been dating someone who I really cared about. I loved her more than anything. However I was just 17 and she was already 19 (years old). She was getting ready to go to college and I was taking college courses back in high school and such, so we where both busy. Once her college started I was very worried that she would not want to see me because of being so busy and stuff. Well, she went to college and we where still together and such (by this time is was about the 8th month). I still loved her more than anything and after two months of college i was starting to think that we could do this, no problem.
Thats about the time when she wouldnt let me kiss her (which got me thinking again) and then the next day, in an email, she broke up with me.
After that I couldnt do much of anything. I went to school and all, but there was this empty feeling in my stomach, something was missing. I didnt want to eat (I still did anyway), I worked my body harder than ever at the gym (being dumb and thinking it was how I looked), and I even sent her roses.
I felt like I could die, and honestly the thought of taking my life crossed my mind, but then I thought, ``crap man, if i do that, I wont find what else is out there. There is a whole freakking world that i have yet to look at.So much left to experience`` And then went a long time frame that I did not have a girlfriend. This is when I came to Japan as an exchange student. I kinda have a girlfriend now but... its not the same. And I still would love to have Haruka back (that is the girl I was talking about). Yes she is Japanese. I guess that is why I love Japan sooooo much. I still miss her and all, but I figure, there has to be more out there. So you know. Just remember this phrase and try to live by it as best you can, ``Not matter what happens, as long as you exist, as long as you are you, Its All Good" Or just shorten it to, "Its all good".
NOTE: I applied for the exchange program while still dating her, so I was coming to Japan either way (preferably with her as my girlfriend, but crap happens).
When in Japan with access to just about every system ever made and those that have yet to see international soil, gather your forces, and make the cool ones your own.

MM007

Post by MM007 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:47 am

Crap. Hearing all these stories makes me wonder if I should avoid dating completely and live as a bachelor for the rest of my life with my technology. Maybe I should give up on the idea of getting a girl and concentrate on more concrete and sure things, like computer repair and upgrade.
Warranty-Voiding fun!

Guitar Slinger 89

Post by Guitar Slinger 89 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:02 am

Yes, but is better to have loved and then lost then not to have loved at all...
When all things in life are done, Love will be one of the most important endevours one could set out on...

MM007

Post by MM007 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:03 am

Not from what I'm reading here. O.o
Warranty-Voiding fun!

Guitar Slinger 89

Post by Guitar Slinger 89 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:08 am

makuraken wrote:...I loved her more than anything...
The pain one feels after love, is the absence of anothers love.
When all things in life are done, Love will be one of the most important endevours one could set out on...

NeoGoldenBoy

Post by NeoGoldenBoy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:12 pm

Hey, you shouldnt be afraid fo love, just be prepared if something like the kind of things happen so that you will not be affected as I am right now, but still love is a great, but the result of a failed love is very painful, but again dont be afraid, as Guitar Slinger said: "is better to have loved and then lost then not to have loved at all...", thats very true. :wink:
Ň£ơĢ°łÃ°ęņßõ¥
I'm all alone, dealing with my broken heart. Why I have feelings if they feel so bad. All seems so dark, will I ever see light?

NeoGoldenBoy

Post by NeoGoldenBoy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:42 pm

^Note that I also have my positive side, but as of right now I feel very bad, but I'm just strange, sometimes I get very philosophical (is that well written?) and think about all the good things that this kind of things can bring to me, but also I see the worst, and Im right now at a middle point and going between both sides.
Ň£ơĢ°łÃ°ęņßõ¥

MM007

Post by MM007 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:29 pm

Still, I have to wonder if love is worth it, or if it is simply over rated. I haven't had a relationship, and I'm a college student. Personally, I think life's been good to me so far, in spite of some problems. Do I want to risk that by letting some girl waltz in and turn it all upside down?
Warranty-Voiding fun!

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:38 pm

MM007 wrote:Still, I have to wonder if love is worth it, or if it is simply over rated. I haven't had a relationship, and I'm a college student. Personally, I think life's been good to me so far, in spite of some problems. Do I want to risk that by letting some girl waltz in and turn it all upside down?
I know how you feel :)........for me, it seems like to much trouble for too little good....so, I basically quit trying, although if somehow fate brings me to someone, that'll be fine too :)......
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

Guitar Slinger 89

Post by Guitar Slinger 89 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:24 pm

One must never give up. This applies to Love, life and portables. :wink:

sam

Post by sam » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:55 pm

Guitar Slinger 89 wrote:One must never give up. This applies to Love, life and portables. :wink:
Thats a signature in itself, seriously...
I'm the man, if you don't think so, you're wrong.
sniper_spike wrote:That sucks, bro's before ho's anyway man.