Free stuff from school.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:13 pm

Triton wrote:first dibs yo!
Not so fast bucko. PM was sent two hours before your post. There for I have first dibs on it :twisted:

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:28 pm

Hush up small children! While he did PM me before all of you, I'd need a really good reason to give it away! I don't want to give it away only to find someone's built something larger than the original console!

A nomad with screen, speaker, case, battery pack, and buttons is very small. *very* small. No card relocation is even necessary.

Tell you what. Post some concepts; ideas; what you're going to do with it. If you honestly think you can build a small genesis out of it, then I will consider giving it to you. Of course, not free. I may demand some small trade. Definitly sub-50 dollars. Maybe a GameBoy micro charger, which I lack?

I can't gaurentee I won't decide to keep it though, as I'm starting to get ideas.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:38 pm

If you let me have it I have been considering making a SNES Mini into a portable.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:42 pm

Guys, this thread has inspired me. I just switched into AP Computer History, Maintinence, and Repair class for next semester. I really don't need it, as the class will, quite literally, teach me nothing, but the college credits are nice. Anyways, that's not why I'm taking it (I've got enough AP classes as it is, so swamped! :shock: ). The teacher who's heading up the class was my teacher for VB, Java, and C++; he's a super cool guy, he likes me, and seeing how this year is the school's "clear everything out" year, I'm hoping to grab up some of the old desktops, laptops, and peripherals that line the walls of that classroom simply gathering dust. I might even post some stuff here as freebies! :P

And wait, what is this "trade in your old electronics" day? Mind elaborating? That sounds pretty neat!

CTFan

kidw/32+systems

Post by kidw/32+systems » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:48 pm

I've gotten quite a few PCs from school and work for free the only one wotrh mentioning is a P1 setup that had all the teachers SS#s. :D They found out and asked for the it back, they reformatted it and i got it back. But like a good computer geek I backup my files :twisted:
The ony thing I missed that pissed me off was some Apple 2e my school had for german class which was cancled. Now I just have to get the LaserDisk players since they converted everything to DVD.
PlayChoice games 50/54 37 toppers

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:22 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Guys, this thread has inspired me. I just switched into AP Computer History, Maintinence, and Repair class for next semester. I really don't need it, as the class will, quite literally, teach me nothing, but the college credits are nice. Anyways, that's not why I'm taking it (I've got enough AP classes as it is, so swamped! :shock: ). The teacher who's heading up the class was my teacher for VB, Java, and C++; he's a super cool guy, he likes me, and seeing how this year is the school's "clear everything out" year, I'm hoping to grab up some of the old desktops, laptops, and peripherals that line the walls of that classroom simply gathering dust. I might even post some stuff here as freebies! :P

And wait, what is this "trade in your old electronics" day? Mind elaborating? That sounds pretty neat!

CTFan
If you can PLEASE grab me a laptop of any kind, as long as it works and can use windows 2000+ I will be happy! =D Try to for me.

Adam G

Post by Adam G » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:57 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Guys, this thread has inspired me. I just switched into AP Computer History, Maintinence, and Repair class for next semester. I really don't need it, as the class will, quite literally, teach me nothing, but the college credits are nice. Anyways, that's not why I'm taking it (I've got enough AP classes as it is, so swamped! :shock: ). The teacher who's heading up the class was my teacher for VB, Java, and C++; he's a super cool guy, he likes me, and seeing how this year is the school's "clear everything out" year, I'm hoping to grab up some of the old desktops, laptops, and peripherals that line the walls of that classroom simply gathering dust. I might even post some stuff here as freebies! :P

CTFan
Get all of the desktops you can and start up a cluster in your closet! 8)
Depending on the number of laptops, it could take up no space at all! Just take a few tower cases, shove 3-5 laptops inside them! completely organized.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:33 pm

You can also do what I did. If you get a laptop with a broken screen, remove the entire top half, and make a slim desktop PC with mouse and keyboard built in! I have an iBook G3 with the entire top half missing. The Wireless still works, and the battery lasts for about 7 hours now. It's a slow but working desktop mac PC with a built in UPC 8)

It too was free.

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:00 pm

I got an old gray gameboy for free... i overclocked it. That and many old peices of sh!t CRT's. I shoot em.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:23 pm

Overclocking a gameboy is pointless; unlike a PC, it doesn't get better performance and reduce lag; it instead just speeds EVERYTHING UP. It's annyoying.

Yeah, and, saying you shoot working CRT's does not make you sound cool.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:35 pm

LOL, Nobody wants CRT monitors anymore, at least shooting them gets them used. Go on craigslist if you want 20+CRT's for free ever day.

SZF2001

Post by SZF2001 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:07 am

My dad's cousin (what does that make me to him?) is the computer tech guy at our school, so of course I get free whatever when needed. Taken a laser mouse (a generic PS/2 one), a few hard drives to put in poor people's computers (they had some old ones with 600 Megs of internal hard drive, was generous to get them at least 10 Gigs, they freaked out)... Anything really. Except the new stuff.

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:17 am

Bibin wrote:Overclocking a gameboy is pointless; unlike a PC, it doesn't get better performance and reduce lag; it instead just speeds EVERYTHING UP. It's annyoying.

WTF?... yeah i know overclocking a gameboy makes it really fast thats why i did it. No one gives a crap about CRTs... throwing them out anyways... may aswell have fun. Jesus. :x

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:17 pm

toby dawg wrote:
Bibin wrote:Overclocking a gameboy is pointless; unlike a PC, it doesn't get better performance and reduce lag; it instead just speeds EVERYTHING UP. It's annyoying.

WTF?... yeah i know overclocking a gameboy makes it really fast thats why i did it. No one gives a crap about CRTs... throwing them out anyways... may aswell have fun. Jesus. :x
*facepalm.jpg* I don't mean like, good PC fast. Or "better performance" fast. I mean like, "Mario's freaking uncontrollable, and it isn't fun in the slightest" fast.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:10 pm

Bibin wrote:
toby dawg wrote:
WTF?... yeah i know overclocking a gameboy makes it really fast thats why i did it.
*facepalm.jpg* I don't mean like, good PC fast. Or "better performance" fast. I mean like, "Mario's freaking uncontrollable, and it isn't fun in the slightest" fast.
Thats why you don't overclock it that much. Overclocked at 1.75x, games are still playable (Mario is hard to control), RPG's like Pokemon are great though, get a ton more done with the time you play.