Been in Love?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Guitar Slinger 89

Post by Guitar Slinger 89 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:07 am

Thanks. One thing I'm really woried about is that their is an age difference. (A few years She is older than me. :? ).
When all things in life are done, Love will be one of the most important endevours one could set out on...

SgtBowhack

Post by SgtBowhack » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:30 am

Well, I can say from my experiences that unrequited love is harsh, but it's better to know than to wonder forever. I've been shot down a few times, but usually that just worked in my favor (because there's always someone around the corner if you look). Actually, I found a girl a couple of years ago who I thought was "absolutely perfect" because we shared a lot of interests but the fact was her personality was awful. But then I got to know her roommate and now we're engaged (me and the roommate, not the one with the poor personality) :) So you never know. Anyway, my advice is:
- Get to know the girl! It's not like you need to commit yourself to someone just by looks and Counterstrike. You could turn around one day and realize she's a total female of the dog species.
- Try being friends first. Really. Everyone says "Oh, yeah, being friends first doesn't work" or "She'll know all about you and it'll just make the breakup that much worse!" That line of thinking implies that there should necessarily BE a breakup... why would you want that? Then again, a lot of people talk out of their (expletive removed) and probably haven't had a successful relationship anyway. Sure, it's a little hard if a breakup occurs, but hey, if you're really friends, it'll probably all work out anyway.
- Lastly, be yourself. Lying just screws you over. Seriously. She'll find out somehow and then you're out on the curb. Find someone who you can confide in and you're set.

That's all I want to say. Good luck with your girl hunting! 8)

P.S.- Age difference is only a big deal if it's more than a 50% difference, I think. Cuz the longer you live, the smaller that difference will be. I'm 22 and my fiancee is 20, and age has never really been an issue.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:01 am

sam wrote:Im one of those kids who wouldnt seem to have experianced "love", but there was one girl, 8) man. I was just like wow, gasping for breath. Sadly, once we knew we liked each other, (it was scary, art class, we locked eyes and it was like wow.) she had to move and transfer schools, needless to say i was crushed.
The same kind of thing happened to me, I knew this girl in the same class as me and from what I thought, she liked me, she always sat next to me in class and stuff and I liked her too, because she was a very caring and kind person, and she moved schools, and I haven't seen her since :x And I wish I could, I wish I had much better courage at the time to ask her out. I've had a lot of times like this and its really annoying when you miss out on the opperunity.

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:20 am

Holy Crap!
I just had to put it somewhere.
A girl who ad a mojor crush on me in elementary school moved away about six years ago. She moved back this year and she just came to my door (she moved in down the street) and asked if I wanted to go out with her. In six years she has become HOT! So I'm having a great presidents day. :P

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:09 am

With me I've never dated a girl. I can talk but when it comes to going that one step further I just freeze up. I will say there is one girl that I can almost say definantly liked me. Every chance she got to shove me in the spot light or make fun of my mono-tone voice she did. My brother who worked with here also said she talked a lot. Its a real damn shame I never jumped on that oppertunity. I might see her down the road but I doubt it.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:04 am

Yeah, love. It's something that's saved me a few times. Those fortunate to be at the Saturday chat remember me talking about Brittany. I love her beyond all. I can say this because we both gave up a lot to be together. But there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her and sit dumbstruck wondering how I got so lucky as to find someone so great as her. She's my floating anchor...think about it...
-Luke

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:24 am

hmmmm......love.......well, all I can say is I've pretty much given it up.....most of the girls I've ever tried to get close to have turned me down, so I pretty much just quit trying...besides, I'm sick of the today's mainstream society anyway, so I just keep to myself......if I happen to meet someone by fate, then so be it, but 'till then, I'm gonna continue pursuing other goals in life.....
*note: i=I'm not saying I hate everybody or anything, I'm just saying that when it comes to meeting girls, I've given up : (
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

Link89

Post by Link89 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:34 am

There is this girl that i hang out with that i like so much it could be love, but we talk on the phone and all this stuff we agree on. It's wierd but she likes older guys and i am in her grade so maybe. But one of friends met this girl through a chain letter and they love each other so much it is crazy. As soon as he turns 18 he is moving out to illionios to live with her. They talk every day on there phones for like 5-8 hours it is scary how obssessed they are with each other.
You don't have to worry about the world ending tomorrow, it's already tomorrow in Australia

Guitar Slinger 89

Post by Guitar Slinger 89 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:08 am

Well happy Presidents Day Jack! (Hope you have fun!)
When all things in life are done, Love will be one of the most important endevours one could set out on...

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:51 pm

Oh YEAH! :D

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:25 pm

i like love, yesterday me and my girl friend where chased across the wilderness by some jackasses german shepards... yeah i would have normaly wet my self but she was there and with her there i couldnt be afraid even if i tryed...

sam

Post by sam » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:18 pm

You guys want some soap opera stuff?, I liked this girl, A LOT, told a couple people, word spread around a little, she figured it out, the night i was going to make my move on her, (Yeah i have a move) my best, or one of my best friends made a move. Yeah, I thought he knew for a litle while and he was just pissing me off, but i guess he wasnt now there going out, sigh. NEXT!

Btw guitar, someone had a subject sorta similar, and someone posted about be scared to talk to girls(or just about that) I told him to go for it. I was right in your shoes, before, my first post where i was nervous. BUT in my entire experiance in this, go for it. Worst case scenario is you get shot down, then you ask someone else, and make her ass jelous as hell. Also i HAVE BEEN in your position, i know how it feels its hard to talk to them, and you dont want to say anything, but think about the best case scenario, I think you know what im talking about :D
I'm the man, if you don't think so, you're wrong.
sniper_spike wrote:That sucks, bro's before ho's anyway man.

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:46 pm

someone? someone hasn't been here for weeks :? /????????????

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:25 pm

dude alls fair in love and war... like if i did that to some guy and he wined about it i would tell him dont worrie about ti because any one i wanted but didnt have is up for grabs

sam

Post by sam » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:37 pm

It wasnt "someone" it was someone, anyone everyone. It could be anyone, i forgot who asked though. Anyways thats why i didnt complain about it, just pissed me aoff a lil.
I'm the man, if you don't think so, you're wrong.
sniper_spike wrote:That sucks, bro's before ho's anyway man.