People who don't respect our work!!!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:38 pm

Im sick of people who bash old games, saying "Oh that game looks like trash, just get a PSP, its better than anything else" Then there is my witty retort of how the DS is stomping the PSP in Japan, then i get called gay. Life sucks for a nostalgic gamer.

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:43 pm

Real Gamers play a game because it's fun,not for the graphics or being able to brag that they got the latest whatever.Just ignore the losers,they arn't Gamers.
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:44 pm

Well just remember that those people that are fanboys and don't respect older games are just idiots. Besides fanboys will get their butts owned if they play a game on the system they hate so much. I did when I played Soul Calibar II on GameCube. Also ask them how fast they get bored playing their games?

Older games own newer ones for one clear cut reason. Because graphics sucked, the games developers worked on the game play quality. Now that we have almost movie realistic games they're letting game play atraphy.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:59 pm

gamer2 wrote:Im sick of people who bash old games, saying "Oh that game looks like trash, just get a PSP, its better than anything else" Then there is my witty retort of how the DS is stomping the PSP in Japan, then i get called gay. Life sucks for a nostalgic gamer.
I have a PSP....to play NES, SNES, and Gameboy :P

Nicholai

Post by Nicholai » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:56 pm

gamer2 wrote:Im sick of people who bash old games, saying "Oh that game looks like trash, just get a PSP, its better than anything else" Then there is my witty retort of how the DS is stomping the PSP in Japan, then i get called gay. Life sucks for a nostalgic gamer.
I own both the PSP and DS, and through extensive use of both: PSP is WAY better. Did you know in a recent Japanese pole, 42% of Japanese gamers didn't like the touch screen controls and 39% of DS owners regretted not spending their hard-earned yen on a PSP? Wanna know why PSP isn't more popular in Japan? Price. If Sony knocked it down to 20000 yen the DS sales would hit rock bottom.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:02 pm

Fanboy! I dont care about which one is more powerfull, i just care bout the games

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:04 pm

I was trying to explain to a n00b why a GP2x is better than a PSP for its emulator value.

He was all like "But you can isntall an operating system on a PSP too! A PSP has all sorts of emulators too! And the screen WAAAAAAAYYYY bigger"

I think all non-understanding people should be publicly executed.
Hey, sup?

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:12 pm

Um isnt a Gp2x screen bigger?

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:29 pm

EXACTLY, and the homebrew is encouraged, not bombarded out of view by Ken Kutagari and his spine staff!
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:43 pm

I made the mistake of upgrading my PSP to 2.6 a while back. The GP2X looks promising, I may just sell my PSP to buy one.
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:45 pm

My next portable will definitely be a gp2x. Then maybe i'll continue breaking more snes's :P
Hey, sup?

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:37 pm

once things settle down, and I get my computer, im gonna buy a yobo and build a NESp :wink:

official xbox fiend

Xiro

Post by Xiro » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:57 pm

iam7805 wrote:I made the mistake of upgrading my PSP to 2.6 a while back. The GP2X looks promising, I may just sell my PSP to buy one.
you can still play homebrew and emu's on 2.6 with Fanjita's GTA loader...

Conn

Post by Conn » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:57 am

Nicholai wrote:
I own both the PSP and DS, and through extensive use of both: PSP is WAY better. Did you know in a recent Japanese pole, 42% of Japanese gamers didn't like the touch screen controls and 39% of DS owners regretted not spending their hard-earned yen on a PSP? Wanna know why PSP isn't more popular in Japan? Price. If Sony knocked it down to 20000 yen the DS sales would hit rock bottom.
Did you know that very few games actually USE THE TOUCHSCREEN?

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:43 am

You shouldn't worry about pleasing those who don't get it, please those who do

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)