Did I fry my screen?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
Did I fry my screen?

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:39 pm

Well here's the scoop:
(PSone Verge screen)

I attatched the video in wire (composite, I believe) to the pin on the board for video. Colour or sound wasn't working, so instead of using the input spots verge made, I tried to use the ones everyone here uses.

Something made a sound and now I don't get any video/sound or backlighting. (And the no video is not a result of no backlight)

However, the fuse is still intact, and both regulators are still working. Which is odd. Because the backlight doesn't work. And it's hooked up directly to the working regulator.

Is this a problem with my ground or something?

Please help!

P.S. - The fuse doesn't seem to be anywhere near the place where power comes in, so I'm assuming it's pretty useless. Damn repackaged crap!
Hey, sup?

Surfrock66

Post by Surfrock66 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:25 pm

I am having the same prob with the no color and sound, so if there's a solution offer it up!

Surfrock66

Post by Surfrock66 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:36 pm

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:59 pm

Yeah that doesn't help me at all. Thanks for trying though.
Hey, sup?