Question!!!!!!! Read now

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Harshboy
Portablizer
Question!!!!!!! Read now

Post by Harshboy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:24 am

um...i was just wondering. Can u use a color lcd screen from cell fones as a lcd screen for any of the portables. And if you can, can some1 post pinouts? I highly dought that u can, but just a thought.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:31 am

You would be correct. It is impossible to use a cell phone screen, or anything else that has an integrated screen (ie. iPod, GBC...)

The only screens you can use are:

-Pocket TVs
-Game Console Screens (ie PSone screen, Verge Screen, Hip Gear screens...)
-GBA (when the whole game boyt isintact and an AV input cartridge is used. But they're not avalible everywhere.)
-Game Gear (Only some, and only if the whole GG is intact and you install the TV tuner cartridge.)
-Sega Nomad (only for RGB or if you build a chroma decoder board, which is nearly impossible unless you're some kind of electronics rocket scientist, or Kevin Horton.)
-And of course TVs (but who would want to lug around 80 pounds of cathrode ray tube? :P)

Go read the sticky in the Screens section, it has the answer to this question, and details about what screens you can use. :)

Is it OK if I lock this? :?

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:34 am

Bic is correct why would you want to Use a Cell Phone Screen they are smaller than the GBM screen and that is flipping small

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:36 am

idk, just thought i would ask. You can close this if ya wanna.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:10 am

if you thing a cellphone tv screen is small look at the casio tv100, i could have got one at a garage sale but it sucks, so ididnt