Screen hacking help plz

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

JenosaidoZombie
PSN Username:JenosaidoZombie
360 GamerTag:JenosaidoZombie
Screen hacking help plz

Post by JenosaidoZombie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi all, I recently was given a intec/hipgear ps2 screen and I thought I would use it for a portable. I've searched this site a lot and found some info on the smaller screen pad and the gamecube screen. Anyway I dont have a huge understanding of electronics so I was wanting some help finding the pinouts. Ive provided a couple pics for reference. Also from what Ive read these screens run on 12v, is that correct?

Do I need to take this apart futher? Also the zoomed in pic is where the other board containing power, rca, contrast, etc is plugged in. If anyone could possible help or point me to some thread(s) I may have missed I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

iphone_addict

Re: Screen hacking help plz

Post by iphone_addict » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:00 pm

the ps2's video pinout is the same as the ps1's. heres a link.
http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/psxav.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
just take the part off that connects to the ps2's av port and wire it up.
I could be wrong though. :P