Portable media player crossed with Radia

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

notoriousone555
Portable media player crossed with Radia

Post by notoriousone555 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 am

I was looking into using this for video player:
http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/JXD, ... rod=105033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
as my screen in my porable genesis im working on and had a thought. would there be anyway to hook my portable up to this screen but create a switch to switch the screen view from the original media player over to the video output from the sega radia im using? Im not sure if this has been done but i thought itd be awesome if it could be done. any input would be awesome! thanks a ton in advance.

tom61

Re: Portable media player crossed with Radia

Post by tom61 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Since it has TV-in, yes. The switch you'd need is already on the unit, or done through it's software (which wouldn't be easy to bypass for hardware switch).

The only issue is if it doesn't have a real-time display, I've had a player that viewing the input was delayed and dropped frames, making it poor for game playing.

notoriousone555

Post by notoriousone555 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:37 pm

oh ok sounds good. So if i completely remove the screen and use it specifically with the radica board will it maintain frames or is there a possability that it could remain?

tom61

Post by tom61 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:33 pm

notoriousone555 wrote:oh ok sounds good. So if i completely remove the screen and use it specifically with the radica board will it maintain frames or is there a possability that it could remain?
You might not be able to use it without the media player motherboard, it depends on where the circuits that do the conversion from A/V in are at.