Challenging the sticky thread- Laptop LCD panels!

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: Challenging the sticky thread- Laptop LCD panels!

Post by hailrazer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:03 am

griehm wrote:
On the topic of portable VS non-portable (whatever that may apply to)
Should I put a battery in my PS3 portable? Right now for the design I have it doesn't have room for one. That is, of course, including the power supply, so maybe a swap?
I'm opting for a tablet design, as opposed to a laptop design. Also included is a kick-stand, to complete the look. I think a nice switch up on the traditional way would be nice and original around here, no?
You would be hard pressed to find a battery large enough to power a PS3 and a large screen for any decent amount of time that won't break the bank and your back.
The PS3 slim uses about 9A at 12v. And the screen , extra fans, etc would probably use around another 1A. So you would need a 12v 20Ah battery to get 2 hours of playtime.

My suggestion if you did want to try.
http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhbattery ... ice-1.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

7lbs, 13" long and almost $275 with charger and shipping.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

griehm
PSN Username:hotchik3nflings
Steam ID:invisiblejack22

Re: Challenging the sticky thread- Laptop LCD panels!

Post by griehm » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:06 pm

hailrazer wrote: The PS3 slim uses about 9A at 12v. And the screen , extra fans, etc would probably use around another 1A. So you would need a 12v 20Ah battery to get 2 hours of playtime.

My suggestion if you did want to try.
http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhbattery ... ice-1.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

7lbs, 13" long and almost $275 with charger and shipping.
hailrazer wrote: 7lbs, 13" long
Holy crap. 7lbs! My friends new laptop is 7lbs!
I'm not sure if I want to add that kind of weight. Well I suppose I'll leave the space open and figure it out later- if the money just happens upon me. Which it won't.
Setting up a website- I need input!
If you've got time- PM me for link.

Bakuda
PSN Username:Bakuda

Challenging the sticky thread Laptop LCD panels

Post by Bakuda » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:41 pm

I have a Dell Latitude C610 laptop and the monitor has gone dark. I can see the display but the backlight isn't coming on. I think my wife may have spilled something on it. Whats the possibility that it work if it dries out or will I need to search for a replacement? I already diassembled the case and dired it our as best I could.
Hay un sitio farmaceutico fiable donde es posible adquirir Priligy en Espana con seguridad. Tambien trate de comprar Kamagra bucodispersable online que trata la disfuncion erectil con seguridad.