Store ad lcd tv useable for portable?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

MichelMoermans
Store ad lcd tv useable for portable?

Post by MichelMoermans » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 am

Hey guys,

So I bought this little lcd tv on a fleamarket. It was really cheap and judging by the looks of it, I guess it was used in a store to advertise "roundup".

The screen is 18 cm diagonal (7.2 inch) and takes SD and USB input. It also has a potentiometer on the side which controls the volume on the integrated speaker.

On power up it displays the roundup logo and if nothing is in either of the two slots, the menu screen appears. Judging from it there should have been a remote with it but I don't have that.

My question is if this screen could be used for a portable nes laptop I'm going to make. Included are several pictures but if more are needed please tell me :)

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Re: Store ad lcd tv useable for portable?

Post by marshallh » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Nope the screens take digital RGB and the system on a chip has the lcd controller built into it. You could probably use it for playing movies off a SD card but that's about it. No analog video anywhere.

MichelMoermans

Re: Store ad lcd tv useable for portable?

Post by MichelMoermans » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 am

Thanks for replying :) Alright didn't have much hope for it anyway since the obvious AV input was missing but thought perhaps you guys knew something I didn't ;)

Allright then this is going to plan B. Be a easy small lcd tv for following instructional video's in my workspace :)