psp screens

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

z2442/joey
psp screens

Post by z2442/joey » Sat May 07, 2011 1:39 am

ok ive herd that they will except rgb and i have like ten so i would like to put some time into making them viable for portables does any one have any info on these?

Reaper P7
PSN Username:Haha... Yea Right
360 GamerTag:Subscription? Nah.
Steam ID:Refer to email to add me.

Re: psp screens

Post by Reaper P7 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Are you talking about something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKV8ad_YiRo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need an LCD that your console can send information too.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong (I don't know everything), but I am 99% positive the screen needs the PSP motherboard from for your application.
So unless there is some form of adapter, no.

Although there ARE cheap LCDs out there that work fine, such as this guy here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-4-3-Inch-LCD-TF ... 133wt_1139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if that helps,
Reaper.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Re: psp screens

Post by bassmasta » Sun May 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Yes, each pixel is RGB but it will not accept RGB without a controller board.
Sparkfun wrote:These are original Sharp color TFT-LCDs designed to be used in the PlayStation Portable. 4.3" of beautiful 24-bit color with powerful LED backlight. 480x272 pixels - each pixel has RGB control. Data interface is 24-bit so start looking for a powerful controller (ARM7, ARM9, FPGA, etc).
Best to just buy a screen already with an input.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.