Does this screen accept rgb?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Reubensupernerd
Does this screen accept rgb?

Post by Reubensupernerd » Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm planning on RGB modding my n64 for an upcoming portable and I'm considering this screen: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-3-5-Inch-LCD-TF ... 41588aac2c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; maybe I'm crazy but it does say RGB on the resolution description, does that just mean it does color? I've been wrong about this before. If this doesn't work does anyone have any recommendations?
EDIT: I am aware that it only has composite in, but perhaps there's a way to connect directly to the board?

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Does this screen accept rgb?

Post by hailrazer » Sat May 07, 2011 6:07 am

No it doesn't have rgb in.

The rgb they mention is just a marketing ploy to up the resolution. They multiply the real native resolution times 3 (red,green,blue) to make it look higher than it is.

The screens native resolution is 210 x 160 probably or 210 x 480. Or something like that

I haven't found a cheap 3.5" or 4.3" yet that had a chip that would accept rgb.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Reubensupernerd

Re: Does this screen accept rgb?

Post by Reubensupernerd » Sat May 07, 2011 8:57 pm

ok...so that was too good to be true. Is this any better? http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/45111 ... splay.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (also says RGB in resolution..so perhaps not). Do you know of any better 5 inch screens (other than psone)?
Thanks,
Reuben