Ps2 laptop screen options?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Spalding
Steam ID:spalding1028
Ps2 laptop screen options?

Post by Spalding » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:16 am

I've been contemplating building myself a portable ps2 for about a week now, and I'm looking to get everything in order that I'll need to make it. My biggest roadblock right now is what screen I will use. I'd like something about 15" and that can easily be run off of no more than 14v with as little amperage draw as possible, as I'd like to be able to run it off of batteries along with ac power. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. One option that I have is radioshack, which has 19" lcd tvs on clearance for $100 but with that, I'd assume that it would almost have to be an ac only deal with that size of screen?

retep318

Re: Ps2 laptop screen options?

Post by retep318 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:44 pm

hey, i would use an LCD Monitor called the HANNS.G, many advanced models will provide sound and the video comes from a VGA port so you could use a HDMI to VGA cable and still get sound through the speakers.

WTB360LABTOP

Re: Ps2 laptop screen options?

Post by WTB360LABTOP » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:41 pm

http://aeicomp.com/Detail.asp?Product_I ... 0_LCD17WLX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Expensive, but 17", runs on 12v, and aeicomp has the most reliable parts