ps1 screen problems

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

dsv101
360 GamerTag:Dsv101
ps1 screen problems

Post by dsv101 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:43 pm

i got my ps1 screen in the mail it powers up but not even a pixel lights up. I know it isnt because it doesn't have a back light because i shined a bright light on it and saw nothing happen. Also in the package there was a cap that fell off from somewhere, but on a guide somewhere i found that where the cap came from and you could remove it and still have a fully functional screen. At the top of the board it has been completely trimmed and doesn't have a transformer, is that the problem?

Any suggestions? (other than getting another screen)

dsv101
360 GamerTag:Dsv101

Re: ps1 screen problems

Post by dsv101 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:44 pm

i cant seem to fix this... it is my first ps1 screen, but wires were already soldered to the corresponding pinout when i got it, which means i should have been able to just hook/power it up
this is making me not like them X(

if anyone wants some items from my trade thread, i need a ps1 screen

link ---> http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... 25&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <--- link