PSone screen trimming

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Falco
PSone screen trimming

Post by Falco » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:39 pm

How important are the resistors/capacitors all in a column on the far right side?
One is labeled audio R, but according to this diagram it might not actually be a primary part of the audio circuit.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Re: PSone screen trimming

Post by Haunted360 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:23 pm

These PSone LCD screens have been wiped off of eBay... I mean, there's a few left but there around the $100 mark...

Someone needs to;

1) Cut down this PCB into a smaller factor using EAGLE or a different PCB CAD program,
2) Find a source of 5" screens in bulk that were used for the board then we would have an unlimited (Well, as much as they can supply) stock amount!

Falco

Post by Falco » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:59 pm

This is not helpful to me. :| Also, my local used game store has another in stock that I'll probably buy soon, so you could probably find one if you looked around offline.

Although yes, I think this should be something that needs to be done.

Falco

Post by Falco » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 am

Please, if anyone knows anything about trimming this part... Otherwise I can't fit my portable back together again.

Bino Gas
Portablizer

Post by Bino Gas » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Those components are necessary. Sometime soon I'll post pics of a screen mobo in which I relocated that entire part (it contains the audio amp).

Falco

Post by Falco » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:53 am

That's unfortunate for me, I'll have to find other things to trim up instead, unless I can find space to relocate it, which is doubtful.