PSone screen grainy/line-y

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Falco
PSone screen grainy/line-y

Post by Falco » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Since my portable is so cramped for space, my screen and system motherboard are within about an eight to less than a fourth of an inch apart from each other. Now, there's nothing wrong with my screen normally, but as I put it closer to where it's supposed to be mounted, vertical lines and a lot of graininess appear. I have a plastic sheet in place to insulate any contact points, but should I be worried about this? Does anyone have any idea what might cause this normally?

Snipeye

Re: PSone screen grainy/line-y

Post by Snipeye » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Well, I think there are 1 of 2 things going on:

1. Bending cables might be a problem, and you could get a little bit of interference from that. Worth a check, at least.

2. RF interference - this one's trickier to solve. I'd suggest a grounded layer of tinfoil between two plastic sheets to try and block it.

Good luck!