Issue with monitor?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

rickylago2
Issue with monitor?

Post by rickylago2 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 pm

I have an 18.5" hp monitor I'm using for my xbox 360 portable. The screen is connected to the 360 via homebrew vga cable. The cable has been tested on other xbox's, the xbox has been tested with other 360 video cables, the xbox has been tested with the cable on other monitors. What's left it the monitor. The image is there and it looks okay, but the shadows and lights looks over saturated. I had an issue with the power on the monitor a while ago but it tested okay after my fix( replacing the power side of the board). What I can draw from the scenario is the driver board is bad? I really dont know why it would be. Unless the power going to it is messed up somehow.
I'll post some pictures of what the screen looks like and my power boards and driver board later.
Thanks in advance,
Ricky
Hackify me cap'n!