very confusing psone screen back light problem

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

devileyebrows42
very confusing psone screen back light problem

Post by devileyebrows42 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:36 pm

ive wired up my screen to the n64 and regulator and i tested it with a battery (sony infolithium L 7.2v fp-970 6600mah). everything works fine except for the screen's backlight, i even get a decent picture, just no light. ive browsed many other topics about this and people usually say that the backlight is fried. i know this is not the case because i took another lcd from another brand new psone screen and had the same problem. there is no way the back light is fried. i checked the inverter and all of the components going to the inverter as well so that doesnt help either. the inverter should be fine.i also bypassed that small fuse on the front of the board "PS1" just to make sure. ive seen topics about this too many times so i conclude that there has to be a very simple solution to all of this. im thinking a fuse or something, but im not experienced enough to find out what it is. if anyone has experience with this please tell me

edit: very strange. the back light works on the other motherboard but not its original zenith board. what may be the problem is that i cut off the very tiny piece of plastic right above the inverter, but it looked like there were no traces there so i dont think that broke it either. where are all the fuses on the board? how do you find them? is there one connected to the inverter?
"I can eat so many frosted flakes before i've had tuna"
"Im not a dentist but i do brush my teeth twice a day"
The only things that are free in life are brochures, but nobody wants them.