3.5 screen not working with atari?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

CLNicholson
3.5 screen not working with atari?

Post by CLNicholson » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:49 pm

So I am new to the site so I would like to say hello to all. I have been building an atari portable, so far unnamed and unfinished as I am caught up on the screen. Regardless I have been making progress which I will post in the Atari 2600 forum once I get a chance.

Now to my actual problem. The 3.5 inch screen seems to work perfect with other video signals but have had no luck with the atari. Is this because of the atari's video signal or is it a problem with the screen, say it's putting up a black screen because it thinks there is actually no signal (like the blue screen of a vcr). Any help would greatly be appreciated. I know the screen will get use either way but i would prefer to find a way to use this with my atari.