Looking for info on this screen

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Biased
Looking for info on this screen

Post by Biased » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Here she be.

Has anyone purchased one of these or taken a peek at the innards?

Info I can deduce from the listing
Ships from Hong Kong
4.3"
(Pictured)4:3 Aspect Ratio but the listing says "Resolution:1440(W) x RGB x 272(H)" wtf?
Looks like it accepts composite (it says there are two video inputs and the text says RGB... but there's only one wire...)
States it requires 12V input. Is this actually regulated down do something more like 7V or 5V?

I'm unsure of the actual resolution of this screen, along with the video quality.

I want to buy one, but unless I can get some specifications on this thing I don't think I will. Therefore, anything you guys can clarify for me is much appreciated!

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Re: Looking for info on this screen

Post by vskid » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:33 pm

It's 480x272. If the width is crazy huge, it's because they multiplied it by the 3 colors, 480x3=1440.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:58 pm

I have a few. The resolution is 480x272 as mentioned.

They look real good with composite. But you do have to get over the stretched look. "Itsa me shorter and fatter Mario." :D

I've had it down to 7.4v but I didn't try 5v
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Biased

Post by Biased » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Excellent, thanks for the replies guys.
I'm going to keep the auction on my watch list for later, or if I can't get a hold of a few other screens I'm on the prowl for.