Intec Gamecube LCD screen Color level

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

wawof
Intec Gamecube LCD screen Color level

Post by wawof » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:43 am

I have a Intec Gamecube LCD screen. It works but the color is set way too high (it also has 2 horizontal lines not drawing). Without taking it apart, you can only adjust the brightness and volume. I took it apart and found it has several pcb-mounted dials (labeled svr208, svr202, etc.). Does anyone know what they're for? Could messing around with them damage it ... like if they regulate voltage or something.

Also, I saw two components are covered in a yellow colored paste. One is a metal gold retangular component with the writing "H ELE. 2F 7.15909" on it. Could that stuff be glue or has a capacitor burst...?

Thanks!

wawof

Re: Intec Gamecube LCD screen Color level

Post by wawof » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:12 am

MrAfterFx wrote:I believe this is your contrast. Try twisting it but not too much and see if it makes any changes to your display.
Thanks. I tried all 5 pcb-mounted dials, and they all controlled some part of the image like on an older TV (brightness, tint, color-level, etc.). I can't really get the image perfect, but it's much better.

I guess there's no way to fix the 2 dead pixel rows....

iHackedit

Re: Intec Gamecube LCD screen Color level

Post by iHackedit » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:01 pm

them two pixel rows would look bleh when playing something.