Psone screw issue

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

kirbyfanner
Psone screw issue

Post by kirbyfanner » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:45 am

Hey everyone,

I'm working on my first project (a snes laptop) and it's coming along great. I thought I was in the winning stretch opening up the psone screen, and im getting rid of the 5 screws holding down the board only to find out whoever put it together stripped the hell out of the last screw. I have no clue how to remove it without damaging the board! Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

gamax92

Re: Psone screw issue

Post by gamax92 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:20 am

The only way to get a stripped screw off is to use a drill. But be very very careful. Could you post a picture of the screw first or a diagram.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

kirbyfanner

Post by kirbyfanner » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:41 pm

It's ok now, I figured out how to get the screen out. Thanks so much though, it means a lot! I'll post pics when it's all done!

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:58 pm

You could have also; melted a bic pen so the plastic goes around ther screw. Wait for it to harden, apply force...and unscrew.