So your probably interested in a screen...

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

knowledgegranted
So your probably interested in a screen...

Post by knowledgegranted » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:09 pm

I come here every so often and just give the community something to work with. Here is a screen that I have come across and have used before. It's fairly easy to use, has it's own driver with it and has efficient documentation. Have a look, and have fun.

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/p ... ber=g13752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you need help interfacing it with anything, feel free to contact me.
An enthusiast in all of my interests, computers, consumer electronics, engineering, politics, economics, and global affairs.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: So your probably interested in a screen...

Post by hailrazer » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Ok it is a 2.7" screen.
Only 512 colors. That will look terrible it seems.
240x160 resolution. meh.
13:1 contrast ratio. Horrible.

And that one needs a controller. I don't see a controller offered for it. And the only one I saw online was $189.

Am I missing something here. It doesn't seem very good.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

dragonhead

Re: So your probably interested in a screen...

Post by dragonhead » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:51 pm

hailrazer wrote:Ok it is a 2.7" screen.
Only 512 colors. That will look terrible it seems.
240x160 resolution. meh.
13:1 contrast ratio. Horrible.

And that one needs a controller. I don't see a controller offered for it. And the only one I saw online was $189.

Am I missing something here. It doesn't seem very good.
yeah, really. ill stick with the 35$, full color, high contrast LCD screen from Dealextreme. Full NTSC resolution i believe.