PSone Screen Image Problem

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

NateN34
Steam ID:NateN34
PSone Screen Image Problem

Post by NateN34 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi,

I just hooked my Sega Dreamcast up to my PSone screen via a composite cable. The image comes in ok, and the screen powers up nice. My problem, is that the picture is not centered, and there is a border of black around the whole image. Note that there is a bigger black border on the left side, than there is on the right. When the Dreamcast first boots up and through the first couple intro videos, the screen has no black border, but as soon as you are in game, there is a black border. This has happened in every game I have tried so far.

Would this be because I am using composite? Anyone know what's wrong?

Sorry this is the best picture I can take (no camera atm).

Thanks in advance,
Nathan
overlordlink wrote:alright well i was kinda deabating whether or not to finish my SnesP, Or to slightly romance something that existed to met my needs but it appears as if im gonna stick with the SnesP. At least for now lol

gamax92

Re: PSone Screen Image Problem

Post by gamax92 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:55 am

RGB Will Give You Much Better Quality

Ryu's DreamCast RGB Guide
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC