Psone screen issues

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

GamecubePerson111
Psone screen issues

Post by GamecubePerson111 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:22 pm

So i was trying to power my psone screen through the original wall adapter, and when I went to plug it in, it started smoking somewhere near the lower left on the front of the psone screen board, and never turned on. Is it broken or fried, or is there some way to fix it? Not sure why the wall adapter would do this. Also i think i saw a pic somewhere and it said, "in case of emergencies bypass this port", does anyone know where that pic is, it was of the psone screen, i think that might help.

GamecubePerson111

Re: Psone screen issues

Post by GamecubePerson111 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:07 pm

So I found that pic and bridged the fuse, but when I plug in the wall adapter, I hear a sound of kinda like electricity clicking. When I test the points where I have voltage connected, on my multimeter, the reading changes but starts at 2v amd jumps all over the place from 2v to .1v, does anyone know what's going on?

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Have you modified the screen or is it still in its casing?

GamecubePerson111

Post by GamecubePerson111 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:42 pm

marshallh wrote:Have you modified the screen or is it still in its casing?
I've taken it out of it's case, do you mean led mod? or?