would this screen work?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

wiimodnn00b
would this screen work?

Post by wiimodnn00b » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:47 pm

I've read the sticky but would the board at the link below (or something similar) work with a laptop lcd. I can see no reason it wouldn't

http://store.earthlcd.com/CNT-EV-gm2221-LCD-Controller

lucidPerspective

Re: would this screen work?

Post by lucidPerspective » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:53 pm

I've looked into it a bit, email the company the model number of the LCD (will have to open up the laptop) and ask if it will work. if it will then yes you can use that LCD controller. but you will also need to find a way to power the LCD's backlight

wiimodnn00b

Post by wiimodnn00b » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:52 am

alright, I've found similar boards on ebay that were pretty cheap ($30) in the past but for some reason they don't sell them anymore, so I will have to go more expensive I guess. I originally wanted to make a wii laptop, but now thinking about 360 laptop or maybe a medium-sized arcade machine using maybe a n64 or gameboy.

I'm guessing the one below is the same story and wouldn't power the backlight?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TFT-LCD-monitor-AD- ... 335eeb4812" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also there is only one connector that connects everything so wouldn't it draw all the power and info from the same place?

MarioOwnsAll

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:23 am

if it has analog input then it should work