Hip gear screen not working?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

endrien
Hip gear screen not working?

Post by endrien » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 pm

I bought a hipgear screen this morning, tested it out and it worked. I detached the screen from the controller and now I can't get it to do anything. I'm giving it about 11 volts from a battery and nothing, no backlight, screen wont do anything or make a peep. Which leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong with wires.
As most would do I'm using the red wire as positive and the black wire as negative.
Pic:

Can anyone help?

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Hip gear screen not working?

Post by lovablechevy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:11 am

ok, admittedly, i've never messed with a hip gear screen. but, here is the pinout that i found.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1446

it looks like the red and black wire aren't for the voltage. it's the green and orange wires.

so just follow that pinout and then give it a shot. :)
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:20 am

lovablechevy wrote:ok, admittedly, i've never messed with a hip gear screen. but, here is the pinout that i found.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1446

it looks like the red and black wire aren't for the voltage. it's the green and orange wires.

so just follow that pinout and then give it a shot. :)
Thanks a ton I got it working. I don't know why I didn't realize it earlier that the orange/green are connected to the power switch :P.
Edit: lol just realized I posted this on another account O-o.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:23 am

lol :lol:
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."