ps1 screen problem

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Lyberty
ps1 screen problem

Post by Lyberty » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 pm

I just tried to power on my ps1 screen without any av in, but it won't show anything, and even pressing the buttons don't show anything, is that normal? I don't really know anything about this screen and i'm affraid it doesn't work...

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Re: ps1 screen problem

Post by Haunted360 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:45 am

Uh, try pluggin' it it? haha - Jokes

Maybe the backlight is not plugged in correctly. But be carful, as these things carry over 10 000 Volts (I think)

One time I touched the fuse, and that gave me a nasty shock! (Kind of like touching a Motorbike spark plug which hurts)

Anyway, if you think or you can not get it to work - I am happy to try and fix it for you for a commision. (IE: Ship me the screen and pay me $20 and I will try to fix it. If not, I will refund your money)

PM me if you are interested...

Thanks

Lyberty

Post by Lyberty » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:56 am

what country do you live in?

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:30 am

I can't remember if it turns on or not without any input. The best way to test it would be to add an input through the AV-in or connect it to a PSone. I know that when it's connected to a PSone, it only turns on when the system is on or if you use the AV-in. You might even be able to just plug headphones into the AV-in and trick it into thinking there's an input.
Are you sure your power source is working and the correct voltage?

Lyberty

Post by Lyberty » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:52 am

well is the orignal ps1 av input the same than the PSONE's ?
and also the voltage is the right one (i believe) because i'm using the official sony transformer ( do you say "transformer" in english?)

Lyberty

Post by Lyberty » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:11 am

bump

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:41 am

Lyberty wrote:what country do you live in?
Australia - go to my site silly person and it says :D

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:28 pm

do you have it out of the casing? or is it in the ps1 case?

if you have it opened up, then putting power to it will turn it on. the back light will turn on and you can adjust the volume & brightness. like this:

as you can see, i do not have any a/v hooked up at the time on that screen. just the battery.

if you still have it in the ps1 screen casing, they have it set up so that you have to have it plugged up to the ps1 i believe. and the ps1 needs to be turned on for the ps1 screen to turn on. so, if that's the case, try opening it up and doing like is above. :)
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!