Newbie screen questions.

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Eagle Sword
Newbie screen questions.

Post by Eagle Sword » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Hello everyone! I am brand new to these forums and brand new to this part of the world. I did not join so much for console hacking, but for something similar. My friend and I plan on making a umpc out of the beagle board and are looking for a screen ideal for portability. I've seen many people using psone screens for their projects here, but I want to know are there any alternatives? And if not, could someone please point me in the direction of where to obtain these screens? Any help will be met with much gratitude. Thanks.

Corporal Awesome

Re: Newbie screen questions.

Post by Corporal Awesome » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:25 am

The PSOne screen is used a lot because it has contrast and brightness controls and has headphone jacks (besides being small).

If you want something different, there is a list of screens commonly used for portablizing projects in the sticky at the top of this page. If you like one of them, use your friend Google to search it up for prices. The most common screens are 5" screens and 7" screens (both regular and widescreen), but make sure it uses analog input.
Hope that helps!

EDIT: You can also look at the Trading Post section for people selling that stuff, but it doesn't have buyer protection like ebay does.
(Link removed due to staleness of thread)