need tips on screen adjusting for 360 laptop

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99
need tips on screen adjusting for 360 laptop

Post by resecnded x » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:02 am

hey guys, benheck has made things that some of us have barely any skill to come close to. for that i give him the awesomeness award, but as jim carey said in Bruce Almighty "let's cut the crap, and get to brass tacks here"

i have looked at benheck's tutorial on how to make a 360 laptop and for the screen part, on the description for the 460 premium system it said "With the Elite you could, in theory, make an HDMI-DVI converter and input that into a LCD"

now on the part where you needed the screen, the screen was a Westinghouse LCM-17x1 17-inch widescreen monitor

is it possible to make a hdmi-dvi converter for the elite, or is there already one made, because im looking to get the same monitor used for the 360 laptop and with a 360 elite, a larger hard drive, and the new wireless n adapter, and a few more parts

i hope to build my own 360 elite laptop that won't eff out after 3 days

for now, can anybody help me with my screen issue, maybe some links to already existing topics, some quotes etc.. anything would help

im going to do this in stride
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

collinE

Re: need tips on screen adjusting for 360 laptop

Post by collinE » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:58 am

good luck finding the Westinghouse for a decent price. They're getting pretty rare these days. I like it, though. It's easy to work with.

They do make HDMI-DVI adapter's and they're pretty cheap on eBay. Remember to get the separate audio adapter because the 360 doesn't do sound through HDMI. Microsoft even makes a VGA adapter if you wanted to go that route since it doesn't matter too much on a 17" LCD if it's analog or digital video. Either way is fine.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:40 pm

well if i was going to do all of this, tell me what equipment i would need to use the same screen from the 360 laptop tutorial and get it set up to use for my own 360 laptop

collinE

Post by collinE » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by equipment. You really just need the monitor and probably a VGA adapter off eBay. you could probably use a pinout and wire it yourself and save a few bucks.

If you mean solder, iron, wires, etc, then that's something you need to find out as you go. the list is too long to name everything.

Ridonkulous

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:01 pm

well what do you mean by vga adapter, does the same monitor require a vga adapter

do you mean i have to find an hdmi-vga adapter for thre monitor or a hdmi to dvi cable for it and a hdmi-vga adapter

i dont mean to complain, but it would be SO EASIER if the god of hacking benheck was here himself

i could ask him what i need to make all of this work
Last edited by resecnded x on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

collinE

Post by collinE » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:47 pm

First you need to look at your monitor. Determine if it has a VGA or DVI port. If you're using the Westinghouse, then it has both.

Now look at your Xbox 360. Determine if it has just a standard trapezoid-shaped A/V port or if it also has HDMI. If it just has the standard A/V port, then the easiest way is to hook it up through VGA by purchasing what is called an "Xbox 360 VGA adapter cable".

By the way you keep talking about the HDMI, I assume you are determined to do it through the HDMI port. If you do it this way, you should get an "HDMI to DVI adapter cable" along with an "Xbox 360 audio cable". You'll need both these cables to do it this way.

Or, like I said, you can get some wire and solder directly to the motherboard using a pinout. You can discover what all these things are through the "internet".

Look, I'm sorry your diety isn't here, but I guarantee he'd say something very similar to what I said. If what I said really doesn't help you, then you can go to http://www.benheck.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, get Ben's email, and ask him directly.

Ridonkulous

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:43 pm

well believe me when i tried to email him a whole lot of times, yet i did not get one reply on anything

heck, maybe someday, ill make a trip to where he's at so i can get help from him so i can get it done

you said that i could get some wire, and directly solder to the motherboard using a pinout, if that would work, could you send me some specs on it, or see if you can email benheck

i appreciate the help, but my laptop probably isn't going to be done until im done with community college which is 2 years

someday, ill find the right people to help me, maybe even an actual Xbox 360 technician, but for now, i guess il email benheck one last time

continued help would be awesome

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:09 pm

resecnded x wrote:you said that i could get some wire, and directly solder to the motherboard using a pinout, if that would work, could you send me some specs on it, or see if you can email benheck
http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/Xbox ... C-V1_4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

collinE

Post by collinE » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:43 am

also THIS

Ridonkulous