Couple questions

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

code8master
Couple questions

Post by code8master » Tue May 04, 2010 7:36 pm

I am new here. I am new here. Okay we have that stated. I have a few questions about screen (I have read the usable/non usable guide.)

N64 Portable(first)
Atari Video Pinball portable

Screens I currently have.

10 or so random laptops (Yes I understand they are useless) All brand new. Military grade Panasonic Tuff Boxes with Satalite programs (Got em from junk pile at my dads old platoon)

Balance EZ17J Desktop Monitor VGA and Power input (What looks to be an HDMI that was never installed)

Random T.Vs none are LCD they are all old Cathode driven T.Vs but most have a ton of imports.

Out of those what would you recommend, Keep in mind that this is my first major undertaking and I am simply trying to practice before I invest in this amazing hobby. In other words screw size/portability.

P.S sorry if these are obviously stupid or wrong to ask but I am really new to this. But I have a huge Gaming collection and I build computers well so I'll give it a shot.
Last edited by code8master on Tue May 04, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Re: Couple questions

Post by bassmasta » Tue May 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Well, umm...what are you trying to make? N64 portable, atari portable, etc...
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

code8master

Post by code8master » Tue May 04, 2010 8:43 pm

bassmasta wrote:Well, umm...what are you trying to make? N64 portable, atari portable, etc...
N64
Atari Pinball C-380

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Tue May 04, 2010 8:55 pm

I recommend a $45 PSOne/Zenith screen. It's a commonly used 5 inch screen, and we have a lot of info on it, such as where you can cut it etc...
All of your other screens seem to big and/or would take too much work. (Plus I don't think opening a CRT seems like the best idea...)
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.