red and yellow to speakers?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

zefeldo2
red and yellow to speakers?

Post by zefeldo2 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:24 pm

I thought this would go here because if you bought a 3.5 inch screen with no audio or anything, i was thinking how would you hook up the red and white to 2 different speakers? there is some speakers found here http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and has its own volume control, just wouldnt know what the volume is at or not. i wouldnt know how to hook up the red and white cables to this though, i didnt try it yet and i do not have the speakers yet, i will get them but i would like to know how to do this before i buy them because it could be a waste. just another question to see if this would work is if you hook up the red cable to either red or white, then hook the other cable upto the negative battery power, and how would you get a headphone jack to work?

zefeldo2

Re: red and yellow to speakers?

Post by zefeldo2 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:51 pm

anybody have any thoughts? anything at all?

Bush

Post by Bush » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:41 pm

You dont connect it to the screen. You would wire power and ground from your power source, then connect the signal wires from the audio source to the amp as well as grounding if necessary.

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 pm

That's right.

The headphone jack (TRS) is normally Tip = Left, Ring = Right, Sleve = Ground.

The pins in the RCA connectors are most often Red = Right, White = Left, Yellow = Video; and the rings are ground.

As Bush says: The yellow video signal goes to your screen whlile the red and white audio go your speakers or audio amplifier.