PEAK Backup Camera 7 inch Screen

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Mr BadWrench
Re: PEAK Backup Camera 7 inch Screen

Post by Mr BadWrench » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:55 am

I searched and found one at samsclub... not the closest one to me but reasonable distance...

good find, thanks... $50 makes my decision about what screen to buy easier. vga loses for this project.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 am

Jason wrote:Greetings all... I've been interested in buying this unit for sometime now... but lack of available funds has stymied me.

An hour ago I saw this listed on the Sam's Club website for $49.81 (at my local store). This seems to be a lot cheaper than anything found on ebay.

My wife has a Sam's Club membership card... and we go quite often for groceries.

Would anyone be interested in setting up a group-buy?

I'm not sure of the weight of this item... so I cannot (yet) quote a shipping price... but I'd guess somewhere between $5 and $15 for the continental US (note: I'm not adverse to repackaging the items should weight prove a problem).

Let me know.

Jason
Would you be willing to ship to germany as well? If so, how much?
Mr BadWrench wrote:
Kyo wrote:That's the 7 inch one, though. We're talking about the 3.5/2.5 inch ones (and whether they are any good)
did you read the topic? "PEAK Backup Camera 7 inch Screen"
Kyo wrote:Mhm yeah.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peak-Wireless-Back- ... 56390613f4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the 7" screen is of such good quality, anyone wanna try that one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-Backup-C ... 2c52c6d2a7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or this one?

Did you?

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:00 am

Kyo wrote:Would you be willing to ship to germany as well? If so, how much?
I don't know... I don't know what the unit weighs in packaging, so I cannot give an accurate estimate.

Mr. BadWrench: when you buy the unit... could you weigh it (in it's packaging) before you open it?

Anyone else who bought the unit... do you know what it weighs (packaging included)?

Kyo: once I know the weight I'll get a price quote from USPS/UPS/Fedex/etc and get you the lowest price.

Jason

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:50 am

Kyo: I just checked amazon.com... and they have the weight listed like this:
# Item Weight: 3 pounds
# Shipping Weight: 8 pounds

The two cheapest options via USPS are:
Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box* (up to 4 pounds) $13.45 <<-- this one only works if I strip out everything but the screen itself
and
Priority Mail Regular Flat Rate Box (FRB-1) (up to 20 pounds) $43.45 <<-- this one covers the entire unit... packaging and all

The others are even more rediculous. The above is the cheapest I can find.

Jason

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:01 pm

You can ship 1st Class Mail International Package to International locations. Up to 4 pounds I think and it can be in a box up to 24" max total dimensions LxWxH. But you have to take it into the Post office and it takes 2-4 weeks usually.

A 3 pound package to Canada is around $12
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Mr BadWrench

Post by Mr BadWrench » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:10 pm

sorry about the size photobucked will not let me crop it. I will fix it as soon as its possible...

This is my "Antiportable v1.0" I have the ps2 version of that controller in the mail.... waiting impatiently.. but I had to toss the gamecube controller out there to show off.

limpport

Post by limpport » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Mr BadWrench wrote:
Kyo wrote:That's the 7 inch one, though. We're talking about the 3.5/2.5 inch ones (and whether they are any good)
did you read the topic? "PEAK Backup Camera 7 inch Screen"
They're the same brand, so I think it is appropriate.

Mr BadWrench

Post by Mr BadWrench » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:00 am

OMG, This thing has a great picture.... I just played soul caliber II off my xbox and it looked awesome..

Does the camera equal the monitors resolution?

joshwaan

Post by joshwaan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:54 am

Hi

With this screen does it have a 4:3 option for ps2 games?

Also what's the contrast like compared to say the Joytech 8" Screen for the ps2?

Is the viewing angle pretty good it says 110

Thanks

josh

limpport

Post by limpport » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:29 am

joshwaan wrote:Hi

With this screen does it have a 4:3 option for ps2 games?
Don't most PS2 games have the option to change to 16:9?

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:59 pm

limpport wrote:Don't most PS2 games have the option to change to 16:9?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pl ... HD_support" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some, but not all.

Also, can anyone guess the resolution on this screen? Sounds like a great screen.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.