Powering PSone Screen

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

AntMan
Powering PSone Screen

Post by AntMan » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:26 pm

I'm having trouble getting my PSone screen to turn on through batteries. I'm getting sound, but no picture. But occassionally the picture will flash on. Maybe I am trying to put power at the wrong spot? I'm putting power into either of the 7805 fuses if this helps. I couldn't get any screen flash or sound if I tried at the power plug in spot.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:05 pm

Well when I was hocking my PSOne up to batteries I thought I had fried something when I couldnt get a picture, then (today) I heard audio and realized the A/V plug wasnt in completely.

See if the connection of the screen and the console are good, and all I did was solder the wires right on the power pins of the plug.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

AntMan

Post by AntMan » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:02 am

If anyone knows a website that has a picture of exactly where I am supposed to put the wires to power the screen, please post it. I haven't found a site that clearly explains where to place them. And I'm more of a visual person, so it'd help me more to actually see where to place them. Or if someone can take a picture of it and send it to me via MSN or Yahoo or AIM, please do. Thanks