Turtorial: Removing the Bottom of a PSone Screen

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Erlex
Steam ID:Pelican417
Re: Turtorial: Removing the Bottom of a PSone Screen

Post by Erlex » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Links are fixed. Sorry about that guys.

Erlex
Steam ID:Pelican417

Post by Erlex » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:18 am

Okay everyone. I was just looking at that old picture of the back of the PSone screen and noticed the audio amp everyone has been talking about. Take a look at the plane on the far right of the board (in red) and notice that it contains all of the connections for the audio control. I am 99.9% sure you can just disregard those sections, remove the components, and cut along the blue dotted lines. Ill confirm it when I get home in a few weeks. Unless someone else wants to of course. Just don't take my word for it yet, I want to make sure no lines are being severed that might need to be connected with a bit of wire or something else unseen.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1711/asfasf.jpg

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:03 am

Greetings all...

I haven't posted in awhile... but I haven't forgotten my project... just been very busy lately.

At any rate... I'm working on making my PSOne LCD as small as possible... but in the process I've managed to ruin the two capacitors that needed to be moved from their prior locations.

Would it be alright if I replaced the '100 16V' capacitor (big black one with the white stripe) with a 16V 100uf electrolytic capacitor?

Also... the smaller unmarked cap... any one know the rating of that cap?

Thanks

Jason