LED mod necessary?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Exdeath
LED mod necessary?

Post by Exdeath » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:16 am

Yet another one of my questions, but I promise this one doesn't answer itself :wink:
If I use a hand made SNESp case, ordered from this site, and I have a PS1 screen, is it truely necessary to mod the screen? Would I need to change the case or would power be an issue or what? Help is appreciated. :)
I get a lot of bad ideas, so don't listen to me.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: LED mod necessary?

Post by eagle5953 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:56 am

It is not truly necessary but very much recommended. It will get you quite a bit more battery life with little effort. As always, in the end, it's up to you.

Exdeath

Post by Exdeath » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:43 pm

eagle5953 wrote:It is not truly necessary but very much recommended. It will get you quite a bit more battery life with little effort. As always, in the end, it's up to you.
Its not the effort I'm worried about, its how fragile the screen is explained to be. I took a look at the procedure and it seemed like it'd be too easy to make a fatal (as in to the screen) mistake.
I get a lot of bad ideas, so don't listen to me.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:48 pm

It was my first mod ever, and it went just fine. As long as you have ben's book it should be just fine.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts