PSone screen with VGA input?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

segasonicfan
Re: PSone screen with VGA input?

Post by segasonicfan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Did anyone ever successfully do this? I've been trying recently, and I built that circuit. I used a BC548 instead of 547 since it looks to be the same chip.

However, using powerstrip or soft-15khz (another similar program for this project) with my Geforce 7800GT I had no success. I noticed that when I change the H sync (moving down to 15khz) pstrip also moves the V refresh rate lower (30hz) There seems to be no way around this and I think it might be the problem. but who knows...

old thread anyway, but figured I'd try and ask :)

-Segasonicfan

EDIT: looks like it HAS been done! The Bit-Tech page completely STOLE this guys hard work:
http://www.ucc.asn.au/~starfox/carcomp/serio_lcd.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the BC547/8 transistors are uneccessary. Ill try this out.

segasonicfan

Re: PSone screen with VGA input?

Post by segasonicfan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Ah! I got it to work :D

BC547/8 ARE necessary, and that circuit does a solid job of making the composite sync!

What is required is special OLD drivers from nvida, called Forceware...download that and Powerstrip 3.90 or soft-15khz work like a charm! :)