FC Mobile Screen??

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Cygnus
FC Mobile Screen??

Post by Cygnus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:53 pm

If i got one of these i should be able to use the screen on a different system as long as i get all the pinouts right? It might even be a good alternative to the PSone Screens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FC-Mobile-NES-Game- ... otohosting

jleemero

Re: FC Mobile Screen??

Post by jleemero » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:56 pm

The thing has no A/V input.

Most manufacturers aren't going to go to the trouble of making an NOAC with composite out, and connect it to an LCD controller.
Too difficult, costly, big.

There's a small chance you'll be able to find RGB input, but don't count on it.

This is very different from something like the PS1 screen.

Besides, you can just get a normal 2.4" LCD for cheaper than that.

Cygnus

Post by Cygnus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:58 pm

jleemero wrote:The thing has no A/V input.

Most manufacturers aren't going to go to the trouble of making an NOAC with composite out, and connect it to an LCD controller.
Too difficult, costly, big.

There's a small chance you'll be able to find RGB input, but don't count on it.

This is very different from something like the PS1 screen.

Besides, you can just get a normal 2.4" LCD for cheaper than that.
Ya there is a composite out because i saw a picture of some one playing it on there TV and i wanted to know if i could take the screen apart and use it in a project

jleemero

Post by jleemero » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:00 pm

That's composite out, not in.
You want something with composite in.
Again, this may or may not be possible to use on a project, and may be rather difficult if it is possible.

Cygnus

Post by Cygnus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:31 pm

jleemero wrote:That's composite out, not in.
Again, this may or may not be possible to use on a project, and may be rather difficult if it is possible.
Ya but i was thinking this because it is able to display nes games so its gotta be analog so i think it should be possible to use it with another system say an snes

jleemero

Post by jleemero » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Cygnus wrote:
Ya but i was thinking this because it is able to display nes games so its gotta be analog so i think it should be possible to use it with another system say an snes
There's a slim chance, yes.
But more than likely, the NOAC in there was made specifically to be used with that LCD.
The chances of it outputting RGB or Composite to an LCD controller in there is unlikely.
Yes it has composite out, which leads me to believe there's probably just a little RGB -> Composite converter in there (such as an AD725), meaning that the LCD inside "probably" takes RGB. But again, this is nothing but speculation.

And my point still stands, being that a 2.4" LCD would be much cheaper than getting this thing, and *hoping* that you could feed Composite/RGB into it.

Cygnus

Post by Cygnus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:51 pm

jleemero wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
There's a slim chance, yes.
But more than likely, the NOAC in there was made specifically to be used with that LCD.
The chances of it outputting RGB or Composite to an LCD controller in there is unlikely.
Yes it has composite out, which leads me to believe there's probably just a little RGB -> Composite converter in there (such as an AD725), meaning that the LCD inside "probably" takes RGB. But again, this is nothing but speculation.

And my point still stands, being that a 2.4" LCD would be much cheaper than getting this thing, and *hoping* that you could feed Composite/RGB into it.
Ya but you do see my point though

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:44 pm

Almost all those screen can take RGB pretty easily, but you would need the pinout, and a few simple bits of electronics. By the time you figure it out, you may as well just buy an AEIcomp screen or two.

Excellent