Potential source of 2" LCDs

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

nonfinite
Potential source of 2" LCDs

Post by nonfinite » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Forgive me for dropping this potentially useless link here, I just thought someone might find the portable gaming units found on the site of interest. No idea if someone's discovered this already, if it's useful, junk, etc. Too busy to search.

http://www.megagoods.com/product_catalog.php?categ=181

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Re: Potential source of 2" LCDs

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:00 pm

Im not sure if that will work. That seems like a digital screen that is specifically made for the "system". Someone would have to buy one and try to find video and sound input contacts on the board.

Good find though, cheap enough to play around with.

^^

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:27 am

I know there was some talk going around in mid 2007 or so about this, but it suddenly died. No idea if anything came to fruition, but somebdy had gotten a PDF or some such for the screens.

tom61

Post by tom61 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Ben Cebhrem wrote:I know there was some talk going around in mid 2007 or so about this, but it suddenly died. No idea if anything came to fruition, but somebdy had gotten a PDF or some such for the screens.
Yeah, that thread died because the screen inside the actual units didn't match the PDF datasheet that someone had given, no analog input in these.