Xbox 360 lcd screen

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:05 pm

Stop being stubborn and go buy a screen that actually accepts inputs like a PSOne Screen or a Computer LCD Monitor.

If you don't have money like you say you do, sell stuff you don't need, like those laptop screens for one thing :P Someone could use 'em for parts.

Warp

Post by Warp » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:14 pm

ghost0001 wrote:wow, i didnt think that everybody that get alittle resistance just would give up. well, i'm pushing through with it and looking into the pinouts for both the screen and the controller. i dont take impossible as an answer. maybe improbable, and expensive. but i like to find workarounds. if i make it work, i'll let you know. the reason i'm breaking so many things is because i dont have the cash for another monitor or a controller board. i like to use what i already have available. i'm kinda in the middle of making my own 360 laptop. i just need a screen and case for the screen. i raped a broken dvd/5.1 stereo system case for the bottom.

ghost0001

Post by ghost0001 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:15 pm

all the stuff i'm rippping apart either was cheap or doesnt work anymore. i had two fried laptops, one visor screen, a broken dvd player, and a broken xbob360. this workaround is using all good components out of broken items. so i already paid for the items years ago, they have just been collecting dust in the garage. i am doing more than just looking up pinouts. i have been researching controller boards, which i did find one for my screen, but no price.
link:http://www.cyber-lcd.com/lcd_MonitorController.html
and i've put an ad looking for broken lcd monitors. i'll frankenstien anything. i seem to always make broken stuff come back to life as somthing else. i figure this would be a good project for me to attempt.

btw, where can i get some heat sinks for the cpu and gpu? and some good, cheap fans. radio shack is friggen expensive.
Master says forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:22 pm

If you don't want our advice, why do you keep asking for it? Really, I'm failing to understand that.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

ghost0001

Post by ghost0001 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:59 pm

i do appreciate all of your advice. however, i just dont take no for an answer. i mean there has to be a way. i understand about converting signals so that the screen can use it. i'm just looking for a cheap alternative.
Master says forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Well, just to warn you, if the price for that controller board isn't listed on-line, you'll probably want to be sitting when you call or e-mail them to ask. When they don't list the price, it's invariably because it's expensive as hell.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Valium

Post by Valium » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:21 pm

Those controller boards are usually anywhere from $80-$150. Have fun.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:56 pm

There used to be a seller on Ebay that sold laptop screen controller boards.

A VGA only one was $58 and a Vga/composite/s-video was $78.

You had to email him your Lcd model # and he would get the controller programmed for it and a Lvds cable made.

But he doesn't do it anymore and I haven't found anyone else who does it for less than $200.

And your chances of finding a random controller that will work for it is about 1 in 100,000.

So as already been stated, buy an Lcd that will work. :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Obvious Troll is obvious.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:37 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:Obvious Troll is obvious.
Pointless post is pointless?

:lol:

Yeah, Controller board will run you a pretty high price: I reccomend you look into gathering funds, and then buying a controller board: if it exists.

This thread should teach you how to accept no for an answer. :D

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;