how

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

john_da_gun
how

Post by john_da_gun » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:34 pm

i got meself a psone screen and want to use it with my cnsoles but how do i power it how can i use it with my other consoles?

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:49 pm

john_da_gun

Post by john_da_gun » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:52 pm

dragonhead wrote:Image

y bother posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i forgot to say i do not want to make a portable i wish to use it with multiple consles
Last edited by john_da_gun on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:58 pm

john_da_gun wrote:

You asked for information, and I graciously provided. Also, please post in some sort of proper language. AOL-speak and the overuse of exclamation points makes you look like an ape.

john_da_gun

Post by john_da_gun » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm

dragonhead wrote:
john_da_gun wrote:

You asked for information, and I graciously provided. Also, please post in some sort of proper language. AOL-speak and the overuse of exclamation points makes you look like an ape.
how does !!!!!!!!!! give a picture of somone? that just might be the most dumbest thing i hae ever heard

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:34 pm

^ Have you never been a member of a forum before? We'd just appreciate sentences that, when read aloud, sound like normal English. Also, there are A MILLION GUIDES ON THIS FORUM.

To answer your question, I need you to answer a few questions of my own - do you not have the power cord for the PSOne screen? Do you not have an AV cable for the PSOne screen? If not, then there are still ways to accomplish your goal but it's important to give a bit more background information. However, I guarantee you the information you will need is in the sticky.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

john_da_gun

Post by john_da_gun » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Life of Brian wrote:^ Have you never been a member of a forum before? We'd just appreciate sentences that, when read aloud, sound like normal English. Also, there are A MILLION GUIDES ON THIS FORUM.

To answer your question, I need you to answer a few questions of my own - do you not have the power cord for the PSOne screen? Do you not have an AV cable for the PSOne screen? If not, then there are still ways to accomplish your goal but it's important to give a bit more background information. However, I guarantee you the information you will need is in the sticky.
i got the power cord for both not sure if they are different. no av cable. i have read that sticky but just cannot see what i am looking for

collinE

Post by collinE » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:01 pm

You power it using the power cord :)

For video, you'll have to get the a/v cords from your other consoles, cut the adapters off, and solder all of them together so that all of the adapters fit onto the same cable.

Is that what you're asking?

john_da_gun

Post by john_da_gun » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:50 pm

collinE wrote:You power it using the power cord :)

For video, you'll have to get the a/v cords from your other consoles, cut the adapters off, and solder all of them together so that all of the adapters fit onto the same cable.

but how does the screen turn on? it does not have a on/off switch or will it just power up when you turn the console on? and wen i say consloe i dont mean ps1

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:00 pm

john_da_gun wrote:
collinE wrote:You power it using the power cord :)

but how does the screen turn on? it does not have a on/off switch or will it just power up when you turn the console on? and wen i say consloe i dont mean ps1
if you just plug the ac adapter directly into the screen, it powers on. as in, don't plug the screen into the psone system.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

john_da_gun

Post by john_da_gun » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:22 pm

i got it working after having adumb spell all my consoles work but not my xbox 360 is it compatble? all i get is the screen showing the picture but it is wavy

Nurd!

Post by Nurd! » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Why would you want to play that on a 5 inch screen?

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:25 pm

Come on guys, new member here so let's try to help!

I think to answer the first post; use the PSone PSU supplied with the screen (7.5v); connect female video connectors to the composite, ground, audio (left and right), Rgb, rGb, rgB, C-Sync. That covers all the bases. You then connect the male connectors from your consoles to the female plugs to make contact.

Composite console connection - composite, ground, audio cables.
RGB console connection - Rgb, rGb, rgB, ground, C-sync, audio cables.

You also need of course to connect the 5v line from the 7805 to pin 12.

john_da_gun

Post by john_da_gun » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:28 pm

i am only able to play my xbox in 50h mode, and this means i cant play all my games as some of them need 60. and the reason i want it is coz i am working on my 1st project and need it to play all my consoles on

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Let's boycott this thready until he at least uses punctuation properly! :P
Hey, sup?