Screen FAQ / useful info

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Jon
Re: Screen FAQ / useful info

Post by Jon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:09 pm

I am currently working on a NESp project, using a PSone screen. I had about 90% of the wiring done (the controller was not fully wired) and had the screen powering up just fine, although a little dull. So I finalized the wiring and everything looked great. I moved my workspace a few feet over and accidentally unwired one connection to the 1/8" mono jack with 5 connections (only 4 of the connections are used in this project FYI). I accidentally re-wired to the other solder point of the mono jack when testing the portable out again and when the game loaded up, the screen flashed white. Now whenever I power up the console the screen will eventually brighten up until it becomes almost completely white. Is something wired incorrectly, or did I screw the screen up previously?

Hopefully someone who frequents this thread has some idea on what I should do to fix my PSone screen.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:05 pm

dude, make your own thread, don't hijack this one.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:40 pm

I have asked the question twice in my own thread, thanks anyways.

c_mon
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by c_mon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 am

I TAKE COMMISSIONS FOR CNC-ROUTED CASES AND PORTABLES... JUST P.M. ME!

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Once upon a time I found ben's somewhat forgotten brightness hack, and had to find the PAL spot. I forgot to disclose this information at the time, but I am doing so now:

http://kyorune.com/modding/article.php?id=85" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

catsaiyan

Post by catsaiyan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:14 pm