Headphone Jack on the PSOne screen

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan
Headphone Jack on the PSOne screen

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:28 pm

For my Wii project, I'd like to have the headphone jack cut off the speakers when they get plugged in. If I were to simply wire up a headphone jack to the HP-L, HP-R, and HP-whatever pads on the back of the PSOne board, would that work okay?

CTFan

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:42 pm

if you leave the head phone jack how it is on the psone screen and just relocate the jack then the switch is already set up for you, when the headphones are plugged in the speakers turn off

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:23 pm

It's tricky, it took me awhile to get it right on the L64. HP-L and HP-R are the headphone speakers of course, and HP-S goes to another contact inside the jack to mute the external speakers. Don't forget ground. Peek inside the jack and see which contacts touch the right places. You'll probably have to mess around a bit.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:03 pm

marshallh wrote:It's tricky, it took me awhile to get it right on the L64. HP-L and HP-R are the headphone speakers of course, and HP-S goes to another contact inside the jack to mute the external speakers. Don't forget ground. Peek inside the jack and see which contacts touch the right places. You'll probably have to mess around a bit.
Okay, after some tinkering, I think I may have it. You can use the plugs on the front for this, right?

CTFan

Rellizate

Post by Rellizate » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:14 am

What I did for my ps1p was when ben's book said to cut all wires off the right plug apart from the right 3, a I cut all of them apart from the right 3 and the headphone one (leaving the headphone socket attached) works brilliantly, and no wiring needed.

Trstn18

Re: Headphone Jack on the PSOne screen

Post by Trstn18 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:09 am

For the Psone screen headphone jack, look at the HPS HPL and HPR connections on the back of the mobo. For the headphone jack, HPS needs to be connected to HPL and HPR when there are no headphones plugged in. when the headphones are plugged in, the headphone's plug needs to lift the connections to HPS and should only be touching the HPL HPR and Ground connections. Attached is a diagram which should make it much much easier to understand : )
Attachments
HPS Diagram PSONE screen.png
How to hook up Headphone Jack PSone Screen
HPS Diagram PSONE screen.png (17.21KiB)Viewed 2998 times