Why does everyone destroy Pocket TVs ?

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

The Zydeco King
Why does everyone destroy Pocket TVs ?

Post by The Zydeco King » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:13 pm

Why not make a portable that has it all, plays games and lets you watch TV on it as well. Or how about a docking station where you can just plug up your un modded Pocket TV to your portable station.

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:20 pm

Mainly because it takes up too much space to keep the tv intact, although some people actually do keep it intact.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:28 pm

If you travel a lot, you can't have the tuners on planes, or at least you can't use it
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Cyberblade

Post by Cyberblade » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:13 pm

I was almost going to ask the same thing. In my opinion, it makes more sense to keep the TV intact. It allows me to do 2 things.

1. Use it in later portables without buying a new TV.

2. Allows me to build the portable, without fear of breaking the TV.

The last one is the real reason I'm doing that in my SNESp. I just know, in my luck if I take it apart I'm gonna break it.

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:01 pm

Exactly! But I gotta admit, it looks a lot nicer built in. By the way, I love watching TV on my screen. I wouldn't take it apart unless I got a second screen. A nice way to mount the screen is stick on Velcro, works great.

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:30 am

well i kind of have to there are so many difrent kinds of the tv i have, so know one can tell me how to get rid or my tunner but i dont really care i'm not going to be bringing my portqable on a plane any time soon... or am i? any matter does any one know what to do with a sony watchman fdl-22 its a triangle shaped peace of crap i am using rf in right now but i think i'm on the right track to get comosite video\audio